Kart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kart

I'm new to this forum today and have looked at most of the recent issues and found them all to be fascinating.
    I have an opportunity to use tallow based B100 but am aware of the cold flow issues mentioned by many.
    I have seen some US based products on the web that heat tanks, lines etc and was wondering if anyone had tried the two tank system similar to the SVO systems but modified to keep the biodiesel above 20c.
    Eg, perform starts and shutdowns on diesel, and switch to biodiesel once the tank temp is 20c or greater.
    Tallow based biodiesel has a very high cetane value which will make the engine run quieter and more smoothly than diesel and so it seems worthwhile to find a cold weather solution.
    Would appreciate any thoughts on this. thanks

Re: Kart

Hi Kart - the world is your oyster! The idea is a good one - but it involves a lot of fiddling around which most people avoid by making from oils with a higher gell point eg canola or cotton seed. You can also blend mineral diesel to increase the gell point in cold weather - more pragmatic than changeover relays etc.

In this game there are no rules - just great ideas and clever solutions.

Have fun and welcome to the biofuels playground.

Cheers,
    Paul
    Brisbane
    80 series TDi with 100K on B100
    2005 Audi A3 TDi B20-B50 60K on BD
    1993 Daihatsu Rocky - B100 20K on BD - all good!

Comment

Working...
    X