Credibility and respect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credibility and respect

I would like to share with members these definitions which I googled tonight.

CREDIBILITY:
    cred·i·bil·i·ty/ˌkredəˈbilitē/
    Noun:
    The quality of being trusted: "the government's loss of credibility".
    The quality of being convincing or believable: "the book's anecdotes have scant regard for credibility".
    Synonyms:
    plausibility - authenticity - reliability

RESPECT:
    re·spect/riˈspekt/
    Noun:
    A feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements.
    Verb:
    Admire (someone or something) deeply, as a result of their abilities, qualities, or achievements.
    Synonyms:
    noun. regard - esteem - reverence - deference - consideration
    verb. honour - honor - esteem - regard - venerate - revere

Both of these Nouns are earned values, in the context where they may be applied. They cannot be transferred to a different context, as they need to be earned in each context in which they are used. For example, someone who has earned respect as an investor cannot assume the same respect will be offered in relation to any other context (eg as a gardening expert) unless they have earned it.

People who deal with rational challenges to their posts with aggression and personal attacks, or claims that they are being attacked and their name besmirched, rarely earn either credibility or respect.

You cannot earn credibility by denying all challenges to the assumptions you have made in your posts, and refusing to even perform supplementary tests of provide any links to independent research supporting your statements.
    You cannot earn respect by offending the people who have earned the respect of the community, in that community, or by offending that community, which could offer you that respect.

People who reasonably accept criticism and discuss the issues relating to the points being challenged, who then perform further testing or on-line research to support their statements and who acknowledge if they have made a mistake and/or retract/reword misleading statements, EARN credibility and respect.

I hope this helps members to better understand these 2 words which mean so much in our community.

Regards,
    Tony
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
    '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
    '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
    '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Re: Credibility and respect

I can respect that

Comment

Im starting to think this forum was built on an ancient old women's burial ground, If you listen carefully you can still hear the bitching.

Comment

Originally posted by smithw View Post
        Im starting to think this forum was built on an ancient old women's burial ground, If you listen carefully you can still hear the bitching.
        i will not only respect but also appreciate the humor

Comment

Working...
        X