Bio-Diesel 100 in Pt Wakefield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bio-Diesel 100 in Pt Wakefield

In case you didn't know: I have just returned from the Yorke Peninsula and found that SAFF in Pt Wakefield now sells 100 Bio-Diesel. The SAFF site is not yet updated.

Re: Bio-Diesel 100 in Pt Wakefield

Have you looked into adding the location to the Biodiesel Finder link on the right of the menu bar above?

http://www.biofuelsforum.com/vbgooglemaphse.php

It will help in the future for other people to find it's location.
    Dave

Comment

I've listed it on the map now.

If you want to know the GPS (latitude and longitude) coordinates and you don't have a GPS yourself, you can do a geocode online which will look up the figures for you based on an address. You can then just cut and paste them into the entry on the biodiesel finder (when you click "add elements"). A good site for doing this can be found here. I just entered "point wakefield, SA" and it gave me the numbers to put in the map. This was originally suggested by Geoff here.
      So, who wants to go through the list now and put in all the sites for Gull (I've done 1), and also the stations on Paul's list here?
      Maybe I'll write to SAFF and suggest that they can provide us a list for the map?
      Robert.
      Site Admin.

Comment

Robert I don't like to pick fault with the way you did that. I think it is great the only problem is that the place you have given is in the centre of town.

The Station isHighway One, Port Wakefield SA 5550

Which is the address listed on the SAFF website. Which means that if I was looking for this station for example when I was travelling to SA I would be looking in the centre of town for something that could be a long way away.

I think if we going to do this we would need to be a little more acurate for those of us who would in the future look them up via their cord's and not their street address.
        Dave

Comment

Yes, you are correct, but I did have trouble getting the exact geocode for that address (same with the one in Geraldton), so I thought it was a small town and if the pointer on the map was wrong, but the address listed was right, it would not do too much harm. You are right though. It would be better to get this stuff more exact to avoid confusion, so if you can get better coordinates, please do.
          Robert.
          Site Admin.

Comment

Not in SA just at the moment Rob Someday when I go for a spin but not just yet

It could be done but someone on the ground would have to give a better address than what is on the SAFF website Like cross streets and such then it could be within like 100-200m of the actual site.

Oh well a start is a good start
            Dave

Comment

I don't have a GPS, but Port (not Point) Wakefield is a very small town. Highway One runs past the east side of the township and there are numerous Service Stations located on both sides of the Road. The SAFF site is on the western side of Highway One between Main St and Edward Street. Port Wakefield is 100 km north of Adelaide and is the gateway to anyone travelling to or from Perth or Darwin.

Comment

OK, I've tweaked the longitude a little to place the marker a little further east so it ends up where you described. Does that look about right now?
                Robert.
                Site Admin.

Comment

That looks spot on Rob. Much appreciated.

Comment

bruce, hi I go through pt wakefield every month or so,Noticed its a major refueling stop with a restaurant in every servo.the shell servo had yellow 20ltr containers outside tops removed for ash trays. i took one look an said to myself they are canola oil containers, I thought this would be a great town to form good relationships with some resurant managers.

Comment

Working...
                    X