experienced biodeisel producers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• experienced biodeisel producers

gday all,have just registered and am v.keen to meet anyone who has been making biodeisel for a while to tap their brains regarding setting up equipment.i live out west near chinchilla but happy to visit brisbanites who would be willing to help. thanks,john

Re: experienced biodeisel producers

John

Welcome to Australia's Bio forum. There are various members here in Qld that gather for a regular meet and greet.
    You are welcome to come along and see what we do here. Have a look at the meet and greet post that we update every now and again.
    We will try to meet every 3 or 4 months at someone's house to see what they do. We also try to get our members to bring along something that they do outside of Biodiesel. For example I roast coffee so every now and again I'll bring along my coffee equipment. Cade's dad makes lead projectiles and a special type of black pudding 😱 gene , when he can make it from Bundy has his WVO ute. Bill has olives and so it goes.....

Anyway welcome and check out the forum.
    Right now we cannot post images as their is a problem with the forum except pdf's.

Regards

Michael Jones
    97 Jeep XJ Cherokee on B100. 0 km's on B100 and counting !!!! (Sold)
    2002 Merc ML270 now on B100. (Sold)
    2006 Ssangyong Musso 2.9 t idi (Sold)
    2015 NP300 Navara ( Sold )
    2018 NP300 Navara ( B5 )

Stainless processor with blue water pump.
    Tetragonula Hockingsi

Take the Leap and grow wings on the way down

Comment

Just a point to note, the lead projectiles are for use in a sling shot.....

Comment

hi michael,thanks for reply.my wife barb and i would like to come to next meetngreet,we are growing organic vegies and fruit,will bring samples.i see you are using bioworks processor,i am waiting for reply from them on pricing.could you tell me what you paid for yours inc.freight,and whether you are happy with performance.i am v.keen to get started,we want to go small commercial on vegies and cheap transport would be a big plus.

cheers,john

Comment

John

I purchased mine second hand from a giy here in qld. I think he paid a small fortune like $4000.
          I am looking at selling mine when I build a bigger 200 litre processor as I use more fuel now that I upgraded my car and use the air con more.

It is a very good processor but I want to do larger than 150 litres and also do acid / base processes. This is for higher titrating oil.

Good to see you on the forum and learning. Good luck with your endeavor and we will let you know when we gather next.

Kind regards

Michael
          2018 NP300 Navara ( B5 )

Tetragonula Hockingsi

Comment

Sorry John but it appears that we forgot to let you know when we had our last meet. you missed our best gathering yet unfortunately.
            Sorry about that. I will let you know if and when we have another.

Michael
            2018 NP300 Navara ( B5 )

Tetragonula Hockingsi

Comment

Suddis,
              Why not put it on the calendar of the Forum, that way others can see when and where.
              Post a thread about it by all means, but having it on the calendar is good too, in case you forger anyone.

Best wishes,
              Tony
              Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
              '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
              '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
              '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
              '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
              '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
              '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
              '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
              '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
              '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
              '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
              '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
              '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
              Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

hi this is jim ere from the gold coast
                iam in the same boat as you and looking for people for advice etc
                i will be looking for advice on proceedures and so on
                text me and i will keep you posted with any info i find
                and same for you
                jim

(Moderator edit to remove newcomers private phone number from posting)
                Tim-HJ61
                Donating Member
                Last edited by Tim-HJ61; 3 September 2012, 11:39 PM. Reason: Removed phone number

Comment

G'day Jim,

I think you tried to send me a message, but my inbox was full sorry about that. problem rectified. fire away with any questions you want mate. I will say this though, there is a truck load of info already on here, just waiting to be read. It would be best if you have a good read first, to maybe quell some of those common questions that pop up and fuel your brain for the long, long, long journey infront of you, should you decide to go down the Biofuels road! Anyway have a read and if you have any questions that you just cant seem to find the answers to, we are all more than happy to help.

Comment

Jim, we chatted and as advised I suggest you have a good read here. I recommend with just a little caution, Joshua Tickles From the fryer to the fuel tank,(library) read it and do not concentrate too much on the extra information, some of it is just not necessary to either read or think about but the basics are there.

I have always loved organic chemistry and this is right up there with some of the useful things it entails.

There are one or two ther things that I like about (chemistry) it too.
                    Biodiesel Bandit

Landcruiser '98 80 series B100.

Comment

I'm on the Gold Coast too. Not looking to make biodiesel, but if anyone local is making and has excess to sell, please PM me. I'd be interested in buying about 20L a week and would pay $1/litre.

Comment

Working...
                      X