X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction

Hi,
    My name is Peter
    I have an Appleseed processor which I have been making Biodiesel in for the past 3 mths, I have however been studying Biodiesel production for over 2 years.
    My HDJ80 Landcruiser is a 1991 Direct Injection 6 cylinder Turbo BioDiesel 170,000km's and has just done over 2000km's on B100.
    If you live in Canberra and you need a helping hand well I am more than happy to help get you up and running...it is so easy you will be kicking yourself for not starting sooner, I am.
    HDJ80 (aka Kiwipete)
    Canberra

Re: Introduction

Hi Peter and welcome to the forums. Glad to see someone from the ACT has appeared. Hopefully now others will also pop up behind you. I'm sure that together we can all get a good biodiesel scene going in Canberra. You're nice and close to argue the excise politics on our behalf.
    Thanks also for your offer of helping any locals in Canberra - that's what this forum is all about.
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Comment

Hi peter,

Welcome to the forum. Your history sounds very much like mine. After what seems years of reading multiple sites all over the net. I get pretty confused somtimes.

At last I have decided to blast it all and I have bought all the gear. just a couple of days ago. My decided method is also the 'appleseed process', wow! was I relieved to read your posting, I felt there is hope for me yet. Posted in recent days there has one 2 or 3 of us who are about ready to go, the same method you chose seems a popular way to go. Perhaps you could help with a simplified recipe of that you are using, especially as you seem to have been so successful. You must have been to have actual klms on the clock. Would you consider some timely assistance to those of us who are ready to go. Guidance from someone that is producing and perhaps had the same apprehension are we have. Practical experience is a great teacher. I know I am ready now for assistance of the nitty gritty from anyone with helpfull advice, I find this site helpfull and a great group of people, I am sure you will enjoy.
      I should have wished you seasonal greetings first before attempting to satisfy my thirst for pactical knowledge by asking to pick your brains, Sorry.

All the best for the Xmas and The New Year to you and yours and again welcome.

Rgds

Derek

Comment

I am always happy to help out.

I have done a couple of modifications to the appleseed processor that I feel are needed as they have made life a little easier.

http://www.biofuelsforum.com/showthr...?p=831#post831

I have also built an excellent pre-filter that sieves the large bits out of the oil prior to processing which can also be used as a pre-heater to melt fat etc and to be used during winter. Again better described in a picture/s. My standpipe type washtank I built has some very useful improvements also.

Parts List - Is another task.
        hdj80
        Last edited by hdj80; 8 January 2006, 10:17 PM.
        HDJ80 (aka Kiwipete)
        Canberra

Comment

If you want to attach images in here it's easy - just click on the "manage attachments" button that appears in the "additional options" section when you are posting a message. You can easily upload pictures to the site using this option. If you want to host images on this site, then link to them from your message, just private message me and I'd be happy to help you out.
          Just one last thing - your email address is at risk of getting spammed if you leave it public here. Spam spiders crawl this site (and every other) several times a day harvesting email addresses. I'd suggest you request people private message you, or email you via your membership details (only registered users can see this). It just might same you getting spammed .

Please do post up some pictures in the "making biodiesel" section. I'm sure there's many that would love to see them.

Cheers,
          Robert.
          Site Admin.

Comment

Thanks Robert, I have edited my last post and added some photo's as you suggested to the Making Bio Diesel
            http://www.biofuelsforum.com/showthr...?p=831#post831
            HDJ80 (aka Kiwipete)
            Canberra

Comment

Hi,

I'm in the Belconnen area, and would like to see biodiesel available locally. I filled up with B100 a couple of times when visiting Adelaide and had no problems (vehicle has done 220,000 km on conventional Diesel).

I'm looking for an excuse to drive to Sydney to fill up with B100.

This is my first post here, so I hope it goes somewhere sensible

John

Comment

Welcome John,

If you come down tuggeranong way sometime you might like to visit and see some Bio.

Peter
                HDJ80 (aka Kiwipete)
                Canberra

Comment

Hello,
                  I am planning on coming to Canberra soon to pick up my new diesel car!! The plan all along has been to drive it on biodiesel, but have not made any yet. I will be coming from melbourne and then driving back, does anyone in canberra have any bio that I could purchase from them? Thanks!

Comment

Sorry there are no outlets in Canberra
                    HDJ80 (aka Kiwipete)
                    Canberra

Comment

Hi Peter,

I'm in Canberra and very keen to break away from the clutches of oil companies..

I'd be VERY keen to buy you a bottle of red wine and talk through your setup etc.

Matt

Comment

Matt, which Peter do you mean? there are a few of us here. I will claim the red wine but I am in Brisbane. Might be better to PM directly to who you want to contact and with the info you need.
                        Regards
                        Peter

Comment

Thanks Peda, was responding to the creator of the thread who's based in Canberra

Will try your suggestion of a PM, otherwise will just drive around Canberra sniffing to see if I can spot the car

Comment

Just to confuse you all, I am another Peter, joining from the ACT. To make it easier, I will stick to my screen name (Jack) since I own a Jackaroo...

Can't wait to get someone here selling BioD. I purchase at the moment from Nowra, (where I work). But am now having cold start probs, I am trying to determine if it is the BioD or something else...

Cheers
                            Save a Whale..... Collect the whole set!!!!:D

Comment

Introducing myself

My first post to this forum..... I'm also in Canberra and I'm also called Peter....just launching construction of my biodiesel plant after lots of stuffing around (sigh). Hope to have it all going by the end of July.

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                              X