Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vermiponic garden

Hi everyone.
    if there are any keen gardeners you may like to have a look at my vermiponic garden, on Vermiponic Garden
    its a cross between hydroponics, aquaponics and a traditional garden.
    thanks

Re: vermiponic garden

Hi smith I started doing something similar in 1990 and kept it going for 12 years mine was 3m x 3m x1m it had sleepers around the sides and was 100% vermipost I grew my best vegies in it, it was in direct contact with the ground and every handful would carry 50 plus compost worms, would get a 6x4 trailer with 3 ft boards around the sides of sheep manure every weekend and it would be devourd in 7 days. They breed exponentially and if you dont keep up the food supply they travelled over the yard crawled all over the back of the house and garage when it rained. Contrary to what is common knowledge, you can grow directly in vermipost, it decomposes to humus and is destroyed only by fire it is so valuable that when i moved house I took it with me and it is out the back next to my bio plant. If it dries out it goes crumbly and is difficult to rewet but the worms are still in mine and it has been dormant for 5 years, black gold.

Comment

Re: vermiponic garden

Thanks gilfish,
      I haven't had any worms escape yet, there are fish in the lower tank so they would have to get past them, and a couple of chooks would probably get the rest. The ibc containers are the perfect height for lazy gardeners like me who hate crawling around on my hands and knees

Comment

Working...
      X