NRMA and Biodiesel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NRMA and Biodiesel

Received my voting pack for the NRMA AGM, which includes their Annual Report. Under their "Year in review" in the environment, they say they:
    "have been active in encouraging the production and use of Biodiesel and Ethanol, while providing information to Members on the suitability of these fuels for their vehicles".

I personally don't recall any information regarding BD in "Open Road", although there has been the occaisional non-specific reference to ethanol in petrol.

Has anyone sought any information from NRMA regarding Biodiesel, and how informative did they find the response?
    Mazda's Secret Service motto: "Tell 'em nothing, charge 'em double".

Re: NRMA and Biodiesel

I cannot say that they have been seeking input but all I know is that the inoput I supplied the RACQ was my Bio sample I left at a well known diesel service agency for their own education! Owner would not believe me it was biodiesel, I said taste it and tell me its not. He said today that it looked just like diesel should and kept it on the shelf to show all and sundry. RACQ ended up with it, why? I am not quite sure but I hoped it educated someone.

Matt
    Biodiesel Bandit

Landcruiser '98 80 series B100.

Comment

Re: NRMA and Biodiesel

Funny you should ask. They held an "Alternative Fuels Summit" just yesterday.
      It was invite only and unfortunately, I was not invited.

Attached is a copy of the programme.

They also addressed the BAA forum in October 2005. Maybe they are doing something, they seem to be making the right noises in the right places, but I'd prefer it if they could come out and make some more public statements about how biodiesel made to spec will not damage an engine etc.

Their director of NRMA is also talking for 30 mins at the next BAA Forum in a few weeks. I'll be sure to let you all know what they say.
      Robert.
      Site Admin.

Comment

Working...
      X