Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turk Burner under development

Hi all,

Posting this for Grey Hair, on account of the photo function. Hopefully the PDF attached alright.

Grey Hair has built a Turk Burner, similar to the ones you might see on Youtube. The attached photos are of it warming up, and not yet fully operational. goes like a steam train. runs on just about anything, and I would suggest would make a fantastic forge. Simple construction.

Mk 1 burner was running off a compressor, which worked ok, but not superb. Realised the airflow should be low speed and high volume, not low volume and high speed, as it is static pressure that really improves a burn, not just dynamic pressure.

Grey Hair, I'll let you take over.

Hopefully the attachment worked.
    Attached Files
    Captaincademan
    Last edited by Captaincademan; 16 October 2012, 04:31 PM. Reason: thanks Tilly, good pickup!!!

Re: Turk Burner under development

[QUOTE]... Realised the airflow should be low speed and high volume, not high volume and low speed...

Comment

Touche' my good man.

thanks for that. fixed up my foopar.

Comment

Hi Cade.
        I would remove my post but I think that is such a great photo. It fits the situation perfectly!

Comment

Hi all, yes we could have the meeting at my place, 236 Bunya Rd North Arm (15 ks north of Nambour Called "Casper Downs".) I could demo the "Turk Stove" bring ear muffs as it sounds like a jet on full revs. We are surounded with greenies so big bangs are out but plenty of room and will work out a date to suit all. Cheers Grey Hair PS Will clean the outside dunny.

Comment

Working...
          X