Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you clean out an old hot water tank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you clean out an old hot water tank?

What is the best way to get an old hot water tank ready for a BD processor?
    G

Re: How do you clean out an old hot water tank?

Hi all,
    I cut a heating element bung out of a Hot Water Service for my reactor and only the crud that fell out filled a plastic shopping bag and I could have scraped out more. It was however, 20 year old.
    If I was going to use one I would cut the entire bottom off, clean it and re-weld it back on upside down. (They should be an inverted dome) That way you could also weld in a takeoff on the bottom of the dome giving you almost a cone type reactor.
    The steel should be around 4mm thick so it should weld with just an arc welder and for the fitting cut the threaded end off of a piece of 1 inch or 3/4 gal threaded pipe with the gal stripped off. (or black steel fitting if you can get one locally)

Cheers
    96 Mitsubishi Delica Jasper SOLD [piece of junk]
    93 1HDT Landcruiser SOLD [still going strong]
    90 1HDT Landcruiser Current
    Combined total of 380,000kms on Bio Diesel with no problems related to bio.

Comment

Re: How do you clean out an old hot water tank?

Originally posted by Jasper View Post
      If I was going to use one I would cut the entire bottom off, clean it and re-weld it back on upside down. (They should be an inverted dome) That way you could also weld in a takeoff on the bottom of the dome giving you almost a cone type reactor.
      The steel should be around 4mm thick so it should weld with just an arc welder and for the fitting cut the threaded end off of a piece of 1 inch or 3/4 gal threaded pipe with the gal stripped off. (or black steel fitting if you can get one locally)

Cheers
      I like this idea! Thanks!
      G

Comment

Working...
      X