Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Biodiesel - "Ethanol" Servo, West Ryde

G'day all,

I've bought about a dozen tank-fulls of the (unknown %) bio diesel from the "Ethanol" branded servo in Victoria Road, West Ryde - without any problems.

One of my friends filled his Nissan Patrol there about 4 days ago - the result being a lot of spluttering / stuttering, and finally an engine warning light.

He managed to get the Patrol to the local Nissan dealer today - and it has cost him around $500 to get the vehicle fixed. This has involved a complete cleanout/check of both tanks, fuel lines, pump, injectors and filter change. There were 3 other vehicles there for the same reason.

He's kept a sample of the fuel and mentioned it's very cloudy, and smells like paint stripper. He's wondering what to do next. A question is where the bad stuff originated, and/or I wonder whether petrol was put in the wrong underground tank...

A warning to all.
    Cheers,
    Hookey

Re: Bad Biodiesel - "Ethanol" Servo, West Ryde

Thanks for the warning. I was not aware that they had started to sell biodiesel there. I believe those stations are run by Manildra. I'd suggest chasing them down for an answer. I'd be very curious to hear the outcome.
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Comment

Re: Bad Biodiesel - "Ethanol" Servo, West Ryde

Hookey
      I would be intrested to know was the problems you describe almost instant like less than 20-30km or did they happen over a few days/a few Km's?
      Dave

Comment

Working...
      X