Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charity Drive

Hey Guys

I know this is not Bio Fuels related, but here goes anyways.

United Airlines is giving away 10 million air miles to worthy charitable company's and institutions. 30 in total. Most of these are from the US or Europe, we have only one here in Australia, that being The Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute. Yes , it's where i work.

The idea is to vote on the website, ( http://www.10millioncharitymiles.com/charity/32 ) , for VCCRI until the end of Dec. It does not cost anything to vote except a few minutes of your time.

We are currently sitting at position 15, the number one spot is some Hospital in the US.

I am asking all members here to go to the web page and throw your vote in, pass it along to your work colleagues and family friends, you'd be doing Heart research a big favor.

The air miles would allow for our researchers to fly over seas or bring in other researchers here to Australia to show break throughs in Cardiac research. VCCRI depends a lot on donations from people like you and me, some Govt grants and the like.

If the site founders think this is not right for the forum, let me know and remove the post at your discretion.

I thank you all in advance for your time and your votes. Victor Chang, was a great man and fortunately for me, i get help out with keeping his legacy alive by maintaining the Institute and all infrastructure within.

Thanks all, Hobes.
    if it's FERAL, it's in PERIL.

i too belong to P.E.T.A.
    people eating tasty animals.

Re: Charity Drive

You have my vote today and every time I am on until 31/12/13.
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
    '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
    '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
    '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

I just voted and it jumped to #14!!!

Comment

i put my vote in its at 1200 now, a worthwhile cause and victor chang was a great doctor.
        cheers stuart
        just keep it simple

Comment

Originally posted by tillyfromparadise View Post
          I just voted and it jumped to #14!!!
          You have more influence than me Tilly. I'll see how I go tomorrow. :-)

Tim
          Toyota Landcruiser 1988 HJ61 Manual Wagon
          12H-T turbo Direct Injection.
          Twin Tank setup runs on 100% WVO after warm up. 30 plate FPHE with 80°C output, 12mm fuel lines
          Start up and shut down electric fuel pump feeds IP direct.
          Front 4WDSytstems Lokka, Rear ARB airlokka for quick escapes up sandhills. Performance GTurbo with 600mm FMIC gives 450nm @ 1700rpm at 20psi boost.

Comment

Working...
          X