Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vehicles running on a blend of WVO and ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vehicles running on a blend of WVO and ??

We have a thread for Vehicles using Biodiesel,
    We have a thread for vehicles using Straight WVO.

Now I introduce a thread for vehicles fueled by blends of WVO and other fuels / thinning agents.

Please post your vehicle Make and Model, the vehicle mileage when you started using this blend and the mileage covered (to date) using the blend. If you have modified the fuel system, to suit your fuel, a description of the changes would help us to compare with other

If you have had any issues, Please advise the issue and the strategies used to overcome the issue.

I will start with our vehicles:

'83 Mercedes 300D (5 cyl). Blend of 90% WVO and 10% biodiesel. I can't recall mileage when we started blending, but covered over 100 000km on this blend. (sold late 2013)

'86 Mercedes 300D (6 cyl). Blend of 90% WVO and 10% stale petrol. I can't recall mileage when we started blending, but covered over 50 000km in 4 years on this blend. (sold early 2013) - New owner has continued using this blend.

'85 Mercedes 300CD (5 cyl Turbodiesel). Blend of 90% WVO and 10% stale petrol. Reconditioned engine previously installed into in a '84 300D, covered ~50 000km in that chassis. Transplanted into a Mercedes Coupe body. covered ~50 000km since.

'98 Mercedes C250 Turbodiesel (5 cyl). Blend of 90% WVO and 10% biodiesel. "Saddle tank" configuration fuel tank causes car to run out of fuel when 1/4 tank indicated. (Return line venturi should equalise tanks. works well on diesel and OK on Biodiesel, but not well on WVO or blends). Resolution strategies being tested - Ongoing.

Regards,
    Tony

Note. I will leave this thread open unless it is being misused. If closed, please contact me by PM and I will enter your vehicle details for you
    Tony From West Oz
    Vice Chairperson of WARFA
    Last edited by Tony From West Oz; 1 April 2014, 10:28 PM.
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
    '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
    '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
    '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Re: Vehicles running on a blend of WVO and ??

running a Kia Pregio on 2/3 wvo mixed with 1/3 Diesel, no real conversion just an electric heater accross the injector lines and I turn the ignition on 3 times to heat the glow plugs before starting and that stops a smoky start up, I use to use petrol to mix but I think it was creating more issues because of the the return line heating the the fuel in the tank and I find petrol seems to become an issue, perhaps bubbling or something so i just found the mileage went down and the preformance went down, only seems to help during startup, so I would limit the amount of petrol in the mix, Im going to change my 2/3 wvo / 1/3 Diesel mix and try 15-20% Diesel/5% petrol/75% WVO. I think that be the perfect combo. But for me 2 tank system with switches and solenoids etc is too much. Single tank and just a single heater on the injector lines easier !!

Comment

Re: Vehicles running on a blend of WVO and ??

Do you have any fuel heating prior to the fuel filter(s)?
      Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
      '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
      '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
      '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
      '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
      '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
      '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
      '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
      '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
      '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
      '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
      '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
      '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
      Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

We seem to be getting a lot of spam lately

Comment

Working...
        X