Used oil supply badly needed Brisbane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used oil supply badly needed Brisbane

Hi folks. A little over a year ago I was collecting too much used oil and gave away my biggest supplier, (FIsh and chip shop at Dutton Park).

I was keeping my van and my daughters old diesel Peugeot going, and doing the odd long trip (loading Van with up to 20X20lt drums)

Then my other supplies dwindled and now I have barely enough oil to just keep my van going around Brisbane.

I live in Dayboro (1 hour NW of Brisbane, past Samford) but travel to West End once a week , so can pick up oil anywhere between.

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated!

Jim

Re: Used oil supply badly needed Brisbane

Jim,
    Do you have the time to call in on F&C shops, Delis, etc on your regular run to West End?
    You cover a few km, so surely there is a place along your route which can help out.
    A big advantage is that it is along your route, so no major detours would be needed.

Regards,
    Tony
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
    '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
    '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
    '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Yeh, thanks for replying TOny.
      My daughter has tried a number of shops recently without much luck (she is more charming than me).
      Will keep trying.
      Jim

Comment

Unfortunately oil suppliers come and go over time.
        I never turn down oil and have only given away one small supplier to someone else who is about 80km closer to it than I am.

On the other hand I do still have my first oil supplier, a pub where I started collecting in 2001.
        If Paradise were closer to Dayboro I would be happy to assist.

Comment

Jim

I can't give away a supplier but could probably give away 100 litres or so if you are seriously desperate.
          I have a bit too much at the moment but if you are any good at mecha nical work I need some help ?

I have an engine mount to replace or daylight running lights to fit if you have any electrical experience ..

Let me know and maybe we can trade.

Michael
          97 Jeep XJ Cherokee on B100. 0 km's on B100 and counting !!!! (Sold)
          2002 Merc ML270 now on B100. (Sold)
          2006 Ssangyong Musso 2.9 t idi (Sold)
          2015 NP300 Navara ( Sold )
          2018 NP300 Navara ( B5 )

Stainless processor with blue water pump.
          Tetragonula Hockingsi

Take the Leap and grow wings on the way down

Comment

Hi Michael.
            Not much good at electrics really, but changing an engine mount shouldn't be too hard, if you are not too far off my track.
            What suburb are you in?
            Jim

Comment

Jim

Sent you a Pm.
              Check your email for contact details.

Michael
              2018 NP300 Navara ( B5 )

Tetragonula Hockingsi

Comment

Jim

I have about 300 litres if you want to organise pickup. Login and check your messages , you will find my phone number.

Michael
                2018 NP300 Navara ( B5 )

Tetragonula Hockingsi

Comment

Yes Suppliers do come and go. In that boat now. Was riding a golden wave of vegy oil, but after moving 3 times my supplier finally left the country. I'm picking up the odd bit of oil here and there but need that steady supply if anyone hears of anything between Kingston and the gold coast or surrounding areas would really appreciate it.
                  5 years now that I've only driven into a servo for Bread and don't wanna start now.

Cheers
                  Daniel
                  How many times did edison fail at making the light bulb?

"the things I don't know" site:biofuelsforum.com

My 86 HiLux makes me wonder what the poor people drive :P>

Comment

Hey mate, can't help you with supplies, I am in the same boat :-) but depending on how desperate you are and how you are using the oil, buying it form a collection company might work. Have considered this alley way myself especially since my accountant said that the purchased oil can be claimed back as fuel when tax time comes around. Also any mods you are doing to run your car on veg or bio can be claimed as capital expenses as well. But I run my own business, that might be a different situation than yours.
                    1990 Toyota Hilux LN106 with ATG 2 tank system (sold after running 150.000 ks on mainly WVO)

1993 Toyota 75 Series with 1 HDT conversion, 75l factory tank and a custom 170l under tray tank. (Retired with 680.000ks on the clock mostly running on BIO and on WVO)

2006 Landcruiser Troopcarrier 1HZ with DTS Turbo Kit, 170ltr long range tank currently not converted, running on B100

"him who never made a mistake, made no discovery either"

Comment

Another option is to win their business by supplying the oil to them for cost in return for the waste oil. I looked into it years ago and setup a deal with a local rsl, but it fell over as they shut their kitchen for a revamp and by the time they finished, I had already secured other sources.

If you bulk buy the veg oil (pallet of 20l drums) you can supply them quite cheaply. Push the other guys out if they wont let you in! (assuming its not another bio / veg user!)

Comment

Thanks for the reply Bueff, thought about getting onto the collection company, but did here they resell it filtered for a dollar a litre. Don't know if that's right... Just getting enough to keep me going week by week, but not going to get caught like this again. Cubby here I come. Hardest thing has been where to store it. The 4 bay sheds not getting here quick enough and stacking 200 litre drums in my lounge won't win me any brownie points with the girlfriend doesn't matter how much it's saving the planet...
                        Cheers
                        Daniel

Comment

Good idea Cade, I've lost a takeaway like that already. The guys supply the oil and take the old stuff away. Not your regular black bins but pretty blue ones with holes under a lide so only the oil goes in and no way of syphon in it out, not that i'd do that....
                          The search continues... it'll happen...

Comment

Working...
                          X