Metro Petroleum Supplying B20?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metro Petroleum Supplying B20?

There have been reports that Metro Petroleum are supplying B20. This is good news, but we need some assurances from them first as to where they get it from and whether it is up to standard etc. As such I have sent them the following email below. Hopefully they will come back to us with some good answers. If anyone else passes a Metro site and can get any answers from the cashier, please post them here.

Originally posted by Robert, sent to Metro Petroleum
    I've had reports from some of my users in my forum (www.biofuelsforum.com) that you are retailing B20 biodiesel.

This is good news, however, I'd like to confirm where you get the biodiesel from and check that it meets the relevant Australian Standard for biodiesel.

Unfortunately, there have been some other unscrupulous retailers/distributors in Sydney who have been selling biodiesel without labelling the blend strength. Additionally, some tests on their product showed high proportions of “other oils” that were neither biodiesel or petroleum distillate.

As such, I am urging my members to be very cautious about buying biodiesel unless they can get good information from the source. Could you please contact me to let me know some basic details so I can provide assurances to my users?

Even better, you’d be welcome to register in the forum yourself (it is free) and provide the information directly.

I also have a biodiesel finder map on the site (http://www.biofuelsforum.com/vbgooglemaphse.php). I’d like to be able to list your sites there so that people can find biodiesel from you (as they do with Gull Petroleum’s B20 in WA).

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Robert
    Robert
    Administrator
    Last edited by Robert; 16 October 2006, 11:54 AM.
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Re: Metro Petroleum Supplying B20?

I've checked both the Narwee and South Hurstville Metro pumps and neither have B20 marked on them.

One of the Peakhurst ones is probably going to get my business this week as we need to put a tank in and it's conveniently located, bio or not. Haven't checked their pump yet.

No response to your email?
    Moved from bio to Electrons - Nissan Leaf

Comment

Nope, no response. Quite rude, really. If anyone else wants to chase them, please do.

Another possibility - I've recently learned that there are a few savvy biodiesel producers who can make biodiesel good enough to blend in small ratios (B20, but maybe even higher) and still be able to meet the spec for petro diesel. This means that it will be perfectly legal to sell the fuel as petroleum distillate and not even have to mention that it contains biodiesel.
      Robert.
      Site Admin.

Comment

Tanked up at their Peakhurst East station last night - no evidence of bio and nothing known by the guy working there . Note that I'm not quite clever enough to know whether the fuel itself was bio, but there certainly wasn't anything on the pump like the earlier poster mentioned.

The Polo will have to drink dinosaurs for a little while yet...
        Moved from bio to Electrons - Nissan Leaf

Comment

Working...
        X