looking for a Brisbane BD supply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for a Brisbane BD supply

Hello, just putting it out there that I'm interested in acquiring some biodiesel to either blend or completely run my HiLux on. Preferably by someone who has a fair bit of experience. I'm based in central Brisbane and am happy to pay of course.

Kind regards,
    bd_user

Re: looking for a Brisbane BD supply

bd_user,
    Welcome to the forum. It is unusual for biodiesel makers to sell biodiesel as this makes the hobby into a business. Then you get more visible and the Excise people may wish to take a slice of the profits, then the ATO want their cut.

Is there a reason that you are not intending to make your own biodiesel?
    Plenty of information here if you can spare the time to do some research on the processes.
    Members are happy to give advice and local members may even mentor you during the learning process.

Get greasy,
    Tony
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
    '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
    '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
    '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Bd_user,

there was once a thriving BD meetup here in Brissy, but I guess we all got sick of saying the same things to the same faces, as newbies were quite reluctant to turn up. These people including myself are still making and using BD on a daily basis. I am happy to show you a thing or two about the process and help you start on the way, as I am sure others are too.

PM me if you are serious and want to start. its not hard and you dont need a lot of space, just a space you are willing to get dirty.....

Comment

Originally posted by Captaincademan View Post
        just a space you are willing to get dirty.....
        That never happens! we all have perfectly clean setups to stay within environmental regulations
        and to keep the better half happy of course
        1990 Toyota Hilux LN106 with ATG 2 tank system (sold after running 150.000 ks on mainly WVO)

1993 Toyota 75 Series with 1 HDT conversion, 75l factory tank and a custom 170l under tray tank. (Retired with 680.000ks on the clock mostly running on BIO and on WVO)

2006 Landcruiser Troopcarrier 1HZ with DTS Turbo Kit, 170ltr long range tank currently not converted, running on B100

"him who never made a mistake, made no discovery either"

Comment

Working...
        X