"Biodiesel Bandits" - Weekend Australian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Biodiesel Bandits" - Weekend Australian

Myself and Morris did a little interview a while ago for the Weekend Australian. Another forum member has just brought it to my attention as it has just been printed in this weekend's magazine on page 35.
    I'm not sure if there is any online version (I doubt it, but if anyone finds one, please post a link to it).

The story was not so much about biodiesel and biofuels as about the future of automotive fuels.

I was eager in the interview to stress that although there is an underground backyard scene, due to the silly excise regulations, that was not what it was about. I tried to stress the many benefits to using biodiesel and not get into the stuff that the media loves to print on how backyarders illegally avoid excise. Sadly, this was the angle they spun it with (again) as I guess the romantic notion of biodiesel "moonshine" simply has more appeal.

Seems that all the info Morris gave them on the Australian Biodiesel Industry did also not get included.

It was an interesting story which covered electric and hybrid as well, but I have included some snippets here of the bits that mentioned biodiesel.

Wayne - you're a biodiesel bandit! (So is that unamed Brisbanite)
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Re: "Biodiesel Bandits" - Weekend Australian

Never thought of myself as a bandit before, maybe I should start wearing a mask - together with the other member of the Kelly gang in Brissy.
    Well at least he got most of the process stuff fairly accurate, but cluttered garage indeed! And he seemed like a nice guy too.
    Very disappointed with the tax avoidance angle as I said nothing of the sort, especially as the next paragraph starts off:
    "It's not the savings that got Wayne interested"
    Still I suppose that's journalism, spice things up to make it sound more controversial.

Comment

Working...
    X