PDA

View Full Version : jatropha plantation in Africa

otandor
6th November 2006, 06:32 PM
Is anyone out there interested in jatropha plantation in Africa?

CongoJim
30th March 2007, 08:46 PM
I have access currently to up to 30,000ha of land in the DR Congo and am very interested.

otherside532
30th March 2007, 09:14 PM

Hello otandor.
I was most intrigued by your new thread. I really am curious as to why you would be interested in a Jatropha plantation in Africa when there are trees readily available that will grow in Australia and produce more oil, and many other things besides, than you can shake a stick at.

I am in New Zealand's "Winterless North" and am about to start growing these trees from seed on a trial basis. I can also give you a great contact in OZ who is also going to have a go at what I am doing, in fact I introduced him to the idea.

Australia, like New Zealand, and just about every other country in the world, is so far in debt that it will never get out of it so, why would you want to get involved in, presumably, importing Jatropha from Africa, or any where else come to that, which will only increase Australia's foreign debt? You have a profligate government, just like us, that is perfectly well able to run up more and more debt without help from "concerned citizens" which you no doubt are.

Kind regards and welcome to our "band of brothers. " I am not sexist, but I haven't seen any lady members yet

Geoff. Otherside532

CongoJim
30th March 2007, 09:49 PM
Hello otandor.
I was most intrigued by your new thread. I really am curious as to why you would be interested in a Jatropha plantation in Africa when there are trees readily available that will grow in Australia and produce more oil, and many other things besides, than you can shake a stick at.

I am in New Zealand's "Winterless North" and am about to start growing these trees from seed on a trial basis. I can also give you a great contact in OZ who is also going to have a go at what I am doing, in fact I introduced him to the idea.

Australia, like New Zealand, and just about every other country in the world, is so far in debt that it will never get out of it so, why would you want to get involved in, presumably, importing Jatropha from Africa, or any where else come to that, which will only increase Australia's foreign debt? You have a profligate government, just like us, that is perfectly well able to run up more and more debt without help from "concerned citizens" which you no doubt are.

Kind regards and welcome to our "band of brothers. " I am not sexist, but I haven't seen any lady members yet

Geoff. Otherside532

Could just be like me, living in Africa looking for alternatives. I'm with a group that is trying to get WB funding to provide small diesel BUV's ( basic utility vehicles) to rural clinics. We'd also like for them to be able to grow their fuel as supplies are very iffy and expensive here. We'd also be interested in providing fuel for large markets as well. In the DRC we have millions of arable hectares lying fallow, wouldn't it be nice if we could raise rural incomes and do good for the environement at the same time?

Sauman
31st March 2007, 01:29 AM
Could just be like me, living in Africa looking for alternatives. I'm with a group that is trying to get WB funding to provide small diesel BUV's ( basic utility vehicles) to rural clinics. We'd also like for them to be able to grow their fuel as supplies are very iffy and expensive here. We'd also be interested in providing fuel for large markets as well. In the DRC we have millions of arable hectares lying fallow, wouldn't it be nice if we could raise rural incomes and do good for the environement at the same time?
Hi Brother
You could get heaps of money through UNFCC and CDM methodologies.So yes we are a "band " allright.Send me a private message about your plans and I will float it around in our network and try and see if we can get to do something.
We acn only do it together.One world one day.
Knowledge is power and only good when it is shared around to empower and enrich lives.Stay cool man.You have landed in the right place.We will look after you .
The reason that we dont see woman around here is probably because they know we are at our jobs and they are busy doing their part of the job."Living and sharing dreams".Teamwork thingy.Or shall I say the groupie thingy.The happy hippie world.One day.
Cheers Mate
Sauman

Abhishek
31st March 2007, 08:12 PM
Dear Otandor,

I would be interested in cultivating jatropha seeds in INDIA. Also am open to sourcing large scale jatropha seeds from Africa if it is cost effective, Im a in process of setting up a bio diesel unit in india, am working on the implementation stage and would like to make it a commrcial venture, however at this stage jatropha seeds as well as non edible oils are quite expensive here in india to make any commercial sense out of it.
keep posting
thanks

atuldey
5th April 2007, 03:47 AM
Hi;
I am in the process of setting up a Bio-Diesel Plant in USA.
I am interested in using Jatropha seeds / Oil as feedstock for my Bio-Disel production.
Could any one help me in sourcing Jatropha Seeds / Oil from Africa.
Please contact me immediately. I looking for about 5 million gallons of Jatropha Oil as my raw material.

Regards,

Atul dey

Slippery
5th April 2007, 07:17 AM
Sauman,

With all your work in India, have you done any oxidation tests on Jatropha sourced biodiesel?

I heard that some german company had done a test and found that it oxidised within 24 to 48 hours and was thus useless as a fuel.

I know there are dozens of varieties of the tree and they have varying properties from very toxic to bland so it might be the tests were done on only one variety - the wrong one.

Sauman
5th April 2007, 02:22 PM
Hi Slippery
Exhaustive tests has been done in various Labs and Govt/reserach bodies in India.And you are right that there are some 1200 species now identified in the Asia Pacific region.
So proper selection is the key to success in this area.My experience is that the local variety displays the most statbility.
A lot of work is going on as well on BD stability and storage matters.
So yes interesting times ahead.
Have you got skype?
We need to talk some point in time.
And yes mate bloody busy in India.Things move so slow.Bullock Cart Syndrom.
How is the reactor going???Some interesting designs happening around the world mate.Like real cool stuff.
We can only do it together.

Cheers
Sauman

CongoJim
7th April 2007, 10:25 PM
Any chance that you could link to those tests?

Sauman
8th April 2007, 03:16 PM
Jim,
Yes we could collect that data.In fact I think The Jatropha System (http://www.jatropha.de) is doing that.While a lot of stuff has been happening worldwide in alternate fuel feedstock ,the knowledge is kinda all over the place.However saying that.The race is on, and we will get there.
3 Institutes have done some remarkable work here in India on jatropha.It is a national mandate to all the states to identify and aalocate and pursue jatropha plantation .This slotted to create 4.1 million jobs convert a huge hectrage into a carbon sink.
But India being India.Incredible India!!!.Things are yet to take concrete sahpe.They are playing chess at the moment.

Cheers
Sauman

atuldey
9th April 2007, 03:45 AM
Hi Sauman;

It was pleasure hearing that you are involved in developing the source of Bio-Fuel in India and Australia. Yes I am Bengali.

As posted on the site, I am looking for right blend ( Family ) of Jatropha (Caracus) Seeds / Oil for my project to manufacture Bio - Diesel in USA.
Right now, we have many manufacturer of Bio-Diesel in USA using different FeedStock ( other than Jatropha). I am interested in using Jatropha for, 1. I believe the jatropha feedstock would be cheaper??..2. I am interested in promoting Indian Agriculture and Industry hence sourcing Jatropha from India. In future I would like to grow Jatropha plants in India for sourcing feedstock for my 5 / 10 Million G/year Bio-Disel Plant in USA.

1.Do you think I can source these feedstock from India at present?
2. Which blend of Jatropha is right for Bio-Fuel production? I have heard that certain kinds of jatropha produced biofuel gets OXIDISED within 24 to 48 hours. Is this correct.

Please enlighten me on this subject.

Regards,

Atul Dey
770-584-1312.

herdbouy
11th December 2007, 05:54 PM

Hi I am looking at setting up a Jatropha business in the Congo
DO you have land you are selling?

herdbouy
11th December 2007, 05:57 PM
Hi there
I am looking at seeting up a similar business
Do you have land you are selling?

herdbouy
11th December 2007, 06:00 PM
Hey Jim
We should talk!
Are you selling this land?

Kirti
31st December 2007, 08:36 PM
Hi Atul
We are taking up Jatropha plantation at Tamil Nadu, India. Already initiated 500 acres plantation and plan to gradually increase the covered land to 2000 Ha.
As mentioned in your post that you are interested in promoting Indian agriculture, is there any possibility of working in collaboration?
Regards
Kirti

Hi Sauman;

It was pleasure hearing that you are involved in developing the source of Bio-Fuel in India and Australia. Yes I am Bengali.

As posted on the site, I am looking for right blend ( Family ) of Jatropha (Caracus) Seeds / Oil for my project to manufacture Bio - Diesel in USA.
Right now, we have many manufacturer of Bio-Diesel in USA using different FeedStock ( other than Jatropha). I am interested in using Jatropha for, 1. I believe the jatropha feedstock would be cheaper??..2. I am interested in promoting Indian Agriculture and Industry hence sourcing Jatropha from India. In future I would like to grow Jatropha plants in India for sourcing feedstock for my 5 / 10 Million G/year Bio-Disel Plant in USA.

1.Do you think I can source these feedstock from India at present?
2. Which blend of Jatropha is right for Bio-Fuel production? I have heard that certain kinds of jatropha produced biofuel gets OXIDISED within 24 to 48 hours. Is this correct.

Please enlighten me on this subject.

Regards,

Atul Dey
770-584-1312.

greenfueltech
1st January 2008, 12:49 AM

Greetings!

We are only interested in the African Continent.

I have access currently to up to 30,000ha of land in the DR Congo and am very interested.

Please let us know the terms of lease. We are very much interested either in long lease or on outright purchase.

Hello otandor.

Geoff. Otherside532

Dear Mr. Geoff,

Greetings!

Either Australia or N.Z., if you are interested in contract farming, please let us know. We are interested in growing either Jatropha Curcus or bigger tree like Pongamia Pinnetta for oil seeds.

Dear Otandor,

I would be interested in cultivating jatropha seeds in INDIA. Also am open to sourcing large scale jatropha seeds from Africa if it is cost effective, Im a in process of setting up a bio diesel unit in india, am working on the implementation stage and would like to make it a commrcial venture, however at this stage jatropha seeds as well as non edible oils are quite expensive here in india to make any commercial sense out of it.
keep posting
thanks
Dear Mr. Abhishek,

When there are people to help you at home, why are you going around the world? Land, seeds are not the problem. If you can invest in project, we can do the rest.

Hi;
I am in the process of setting up a Bio-Diesel Plant in USA.
I am interested in using Jatropha seeds / Oil as feedstock for my Bio-Disel production.
Could any one help me in sourcing Jatropha Seeds / Oil from Africa.
Please contact me immediately. I looking for about 5 million gallons of Jatropha Oil as my raw material.

Regards,

Atul dey
Dear Mr. Dey,

Greetings!

We can ship either the oil from West Africa (about 500 tons per month to start-with) or good quantity of Jatropha seeds on regular basis.

Please visit our web site Welcome to Green Fuel Tech bio-fuel, bio-diesel, jatropha plantation, jatropha, jatropa curcus, contract farming, bio-diesel plant & machinery, green-fuel, renewable energy, alternate energy, solar systems, oil expelling, bio fuel crops, (http://www.greenfueltech.net) and come back to us with your proposals.

Best Regards
M.K.

lldlitsme
11th January 2008, 04:21 PM
I am from the Philippines and I am very interested in bio-diesel production for my use in the farms I am running. The trust here is to plant Jatropa trees for the feedstock. I heard that planting jatropa trees has an affect in the soil. Is this true? Any long term studies that may affect the soil condition?

Thanks for any information.

Footprint
14th January 2008, 03:17 AM
Hello everyone...

Hope you don't mind a sister in the "brotherhood"!

I am researching jatropha as a rural development tool for Africa. I am struggling to find established outgrowers in Africa who have been cultivating for 3 years and up to work with for an upcoming study. If anyone knows of a project/company that is working with outgrowers, I would be grateful for a contact.

I am looking at establishing how farmers are adapting to the new technology and what the socio-economic benefits are at household and village level. A number of studies have been done on a national level, particularly with regard to the environmental aspects of cultivation but I have not found much written on how farmers balance food production with this new crop, how they make the transition and what the benefits are at a local level. Until this is established, it will be difficult for NGOs and donor agencies to ensure successful integration of this new technology with existing subsistence or cash crops.

My background is African but at this stage, I am interested in any rural areas where small-scale farmers are growing jatropha. So, thanks in advance to anyone who has any pointers!

Many thanks! :)

Cameron
14th January 2008, 12:41 PM
Hello everyone...

Welcome Footprint - the more the merrier!

We don't mind who or what you are as long as you are interested in biofuels we welcome you here. We are Australian based but there are plenty of non-Aussies in here and it is great to have another 'sister' on board.

Enjoy the forum!

regards,
Cameron

greenfueltech
14th January 2008, 03:46 PM
Hi,

Thank you for your mail. I have been working in few African countries on Jatropha over three years. Also I did some work in India. I am an India, does my work in the African Continent. I would suggest that, first of all you look at my web site : Welcome to Green Fuel Tech bio-fuel, bio-diesel, jatropha plantation, jatropha, jatropa curcus, contract farming, bio-diesel plant & machinery, green-fuel, renewable energy, alternate energy, solar systems, oil expelling, bio fuel crops, (http://www.greenfueltech.net) and understand about our vision set for Africa.

Please note that in Africa, Jatropha Plantation is not competing with the food crops. As of now, I have enough and more land, but there is no NGO, coming forward for the funding.

In case you are looking for rural development with Jatropha crop, please let me know. I can plan, once you let me know the country, area and funds availability. Farmers can generate extra income by growing Jatropha along with their food crop. Please communicate with me on my personal mail id : jasom@vsnl.net or technowestafrica@gmail.com. I shall be very pleased to co-operate with you in any African venture.

Best Regards
Mohandas Krishnan

Hello everyone...

I am researching jatropha as a rural development tool for Africa. I am struggling to find established outgrowers in Africa who have been cultivating for 3 years and up to work with for an upcoming study. If anyone knows of a project/company that is working with outgrowers, I would be grateful for a contact.

I am looking at establishing how farmers are adapting to the new technology and what the socio-economic benefits are at household and village level. A number of studies have been done on a national level, particularly with regard to the environmental aspects of cultivation but I have not found much written on how farmers balance food production with this new crop, how they make the transition and what the benefits are at a local level. Until this is established, it will be difficult for NGOs and donor agencies to ensure successful integration of this new technology with existing subsistence or cash crops.

My background is African but at this stage, I am interested in any rural areas where small-scale farmers are growing jatropha. So, thanks in advance to anyone who has any pointers!

Many thanks! :)

greenfueltech
14th January 2008, 04:02 PM
I am from the Philippines and I am very interested in bio-diesel production for my use in the farms I am running. The trust here is to plant Jatropa trees for the feedstock. I heard that planting jatropa trees has an affect in the soil. Is this true? Any long term studies that may affect the soil condition?

Thanks for any information.

Hi,

Please let me know the size of your field with your DHL account. If it is not too big, I can send you some free seeds for you to try. But, I understand that Jatropha seeds are availbale in Philippines. In fact, Jatropha growth in soil will enrich with nitrogen and other minerals. There is nothing to worry. You may grow Jatropha. If you need any assistance, please contact me on jasom@vsnl.net or technowestafrica@gmail.com and also visit my site Welcome to Green Fuel Tech bio-fuel, bio-diesel, jatropha plantation, jatropha, jatropa curcus, contract farming, bio-diesel plant & machinery, green-fuel, renewable energy, alternate energy, solar systems, oil expelling, bio fuel crops, (http://www.greenfueltech.net)

Best Regards
MK

Egaf tanzania
23rd June 2008, 08:55 PM
Hi Atuldey,

I am currently setting up Jatropha plantations in Tanzania and I am in contact with many farmers growing JCL and a network of Jatropha investors in africa. I think I may may be able to help and supply you with the amount of feedstock you need. send me a mail and see how we can do it and get you connected.

greetings

azar110
30th September 2010, 12:31 AM
Hi,
Can any one tell me what are the cultivation cost of plantation of jatropha seeds in Congo.

labor cost, tiller and tractor cost, and poly-ethylene bags for nurserie

Thanks

biofuel_Indianpetrol
28th November 2010, 03:31 AM
Dear Otandor,

keep posting
thanks

Hi Abishek,

This is karthick from chennai, India. I would like to share some details, correct me if I am wrong, I have heard that jatropha cost much for the production of bio-diesel ? Is that true ? Have you heard about Mr. Ramar Pillai, the man who invented biofuel which alternative to petrol. I am one of the close associate of him. We need good hearted people to support him in terms of money, technical support and in applications and to take the product to great heights across the globe as this is one of the economical alternative fuel available in the world. We have got reports about the bio fuel which matches to the performance of petrol. The report is from Danish tecknological Institute,Denmark.

For more information pl.contact mobile 97910 98409. India.

Email : indianbiofuelpetrol@gmail.com

Thanks and regards

Karthick

biofuel_Indianpetrol
28th November 2010, 07:15 PM
Dear Otandor,

keep posting
thanks

Hi Abishek,

Are you intrested in knowing about our own indian biofuel - petrol ?

karthick.

Tim-HJ61
29th November 2010, 03:26 PM
Kathick,

Mr Pillai seems to have run foul of Indian Law and been locked up ten years ago for selling a mixture of toluene and benzene as "Herbal Fuel'

RAMAR PILLAI HERBAL FUEL (http://padrak.com/ine/NEN_6_6_11.html)
Ramar Pillai arrested (http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/2000/03/12/stories/01120007.htm)

Unless there is substantial evidence that the Indian authorities have cleared Mr Pillai and that his Herbal Fuel claims are legitimate, then further discussion on this topic are not suited to this forum.

In particular when another article of the same era states it is all a fake. Ramar Pillai admits it was not herbal fuel (http://www.expressindia.com/ie/daily/20000315/ina15002.html)

Tim