Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• filter question for prefilter unit

Hi all,

A while back I purchased some plans for a simple prefilter/dewater unit off the net. Basically the UCO goes through sock filters, settles for a while under heat and then gets pumped out through a 'Goldenrod' filter. I'm just wondering where you buy a 'Goldenrod' filter or something similar? Apparently the 'Goldenrod' is not an automotive filter but a bulk fuel tank filter. I don't know anything about filters, what is the difference between automotive and bulk fuel tank filters?

Also, in the near future I plan to build a prefilter unit for on the road. I've seen some pictures of peoples units which are using filters that look similar to that used in swimming pools. How well do pool filters work? Can they be cleaned easily?

Thanks for the info

Re: filter question for prefilter unit

I thought the goldenrod filter was for house water. to filter rust, etc from the water. I could be,and probably am, wrong.
    Captain Echidna
    Last edited by Captain Echidna; 12 November 2006, 09:14 PM.
    cheers<BR>Chris.<BR>1990 landcruiser 80, 1HD-T two tank, copper pipe HE+ 20 plate FPHE, toyota solenoids and filters. 1978 300D, elsbett one tank system.<BR>

Comment

Working...
    X