No announcement yet.

Green Station? Name suggestions please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Station? Name suggestions please.

I was talking to Morris today who was floating a few names around for his new biofuel station in Marrickville. He's still not 100% decided on a name yet and I thought it might be a good idea to see if anyone else had any thoughts. Personally, I think that "Green Station" is pretty good for a name already, but let's see if anyone has any better ideas. What about Bio Station, or Bio Fuels Station?
    Perhaps if we get enough ideas in here we can put them into a poll here and let you vote on them.

Please only use this thread to discuss names, slogans, logo ideas etc and use the original thread to discuss issues about when it will give us biodiesel etc.
    Green Station
    0.00%
    Green Fuels
    0.00%
    Bio Station
    0.00%
    Bio Fuels
    0.00%
    E Station
    0.00%
    E Fuels
    0.00%
    Eco Station
    0.00%
    Eco Fuels
    0.00%
    EcoFuel
    100.00%
    Eco Friendly Fuels
    0.00%
    Renewable Fuels
    0.00%
    Enviro Pro Fuels
    0.00%
    Re Fuel (as in renewable)
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Robert.
    Site Admin.

Re: Green Station? Name suggestions please.

(copied from the Lucas's post in the other thread)

Originally posted by Lucas
    Just a thought for you Morris as you ponder the name for the servo - I wonder whether "Green Station" tells enough of the story? Everyone from hotels that don't wash towels every day to corporations like BP use the word "Green" heavily in their PR materials and I suspect that many non-environmentally aware members of the public are probably a bit over the word "Green" attached to yet another cause that they don't really understand. My personal preference would be "Bio" or "Bio Fuel" because it is still succinct and it actually tells the passerby what the stuff is - fuel made from bio origins - which I think has a greater chance of geting their attention. Or even "Bio Fuel Green Station"???
    My 2 cents:

I see your point about the "green" word having become quite watered down recently.
    Morris is currently thinking of "E Station", with the "E" being for Environment, Ecology, Earth, Energy, Everyone, Ethical, etc.
    Personally, I like the idea, but I think that "E" is already overused by the IT industry (eCommerce, eLearning etc) and might not offer consumers the right image. What do the rest of you think of this?
    I think "bio" is probably the most accurate description so far - maybe "Bio Station" or "Bio Fuels" (which oddly enough was the name I decided on for this forum (hey, there's no trade mark on it, so use it if you want)
    There is also the consideration that Morris is hoping to offer "green" or ethical products at the point of sale, so it is not entirely about the fuel (although that is our primary interest).

All things considered, I still personally think that "Green Station" is a good name. Although the "green" thing is a little overused, it still is immediately understood by almost every consumer. Everyone knows what "green credentials" are. Perhaps in time, more people will learn what "bio fuels" are too.

Please, everyone, your thoughts on this?
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Comment

I think there is a need to mention green or environment quite explicitly in the title. That way anyone who comes in contact with the brand or logo knows exactly what the station is about. At the moment biodiesel is not a product that the majority of people can integrate seamlessly into their way of life. Early customers will be making an informed decision to use the product and will have no need to be seduced by marketers into switching brands like their dealing with shampoo. Sometimes when you get too clever or complicated with words like "Green" or "Fuel" you can end up with gruel.

Cheers

Phil

Comment

hah hah gruel, loo thats seriously funny (sunny)
        Joe Morgan
        Brisbane Biodiesel Site Admin
        http://www.brisbanebiodiesel.com

Searching tips using Google - SVO Dual tank systems
        SVO, Common Rail and Direct Injection - Vehicles converted to Used Cooking Oil

Comment

How about "Eco friendly Fuels"?
          Maybe something that everyone will understand " Renewable Fuels"

Comment

I like something like: "Enviro Pro Fuels"

Dillyman

Comment

What about EcoFuel?

I find people get the idea with Eco as it is loaded up just enough but not too much.

Cheers,
              Cameron

Comment

My parents inlaw just got back from Sweeden where there are petrol stations called the Sweedish translation of , "Fryer oil". You Can fill up on biodiesel while waiting for some fish and chips.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert
                  ....I think "bio" is probably the most accurate description so far - maybe "Bio Station" or "Bio Fuels" (which oddly enough was the name I decided on for this forum (hey, there's no trade mark on it, so use it if you want)
                  I know there is no trade mark on "bio Fuels", but the suburban servo near my place (Ellermore Vale, Newcastle) recently had a new sign hoisted (see pic) "CALTEX BIOFUELS" out the front and has started selling E10 petrol. I think it is 1 cent cheaper than regular unleaded. No sign of "B-anything". Not sure if this big oil company is fair dinkum, as this is an old site which doesn't honour their cross-linked supermarket vouchers, and where they try to keep people away by charging a surcharge if you use a credit card.
                  ..Neil

VW Touareg R5 TDI

Comment

I don't like "Green Station". "Station" is now so off the mark as a name. "E fuel" implies some sort of IT thing.

How about,

Green Fuel

Re Fuel (as in renewable)

Eco Fuel

I wouldn't worry about people not knowing a word or term. People pick up new terms so quickly.

How about a partnership with Neco who already sell a range of green products and services?

Comment

@ moonan - Thanks for that photo & info. I believe Caltex have been doing a fair bit of business with the Rutherford plant for a while. Caltex have been studying biodiesel for some time here. I don't have any more info on that, sorry, but perhaps someone else will? As for E10 - there are already quite a few outlets who are already selling E10 without making any fuss over it. What is interesting is the big oil company now openly accepting the branding of "biofuel". Perhaps they are sensing the winds change and testing it out at a regional outlet first to gauge response? It could be that all the majors will soon compete for the "bio" image branding. Perhaps after the silly scaremongering that happened with ethanol before, the uneducated masses are once again feeling ready for it . Maybe as the concept of peak oil is slowly filtering through people will be more scared of that than they are of ethanol.
                      I reckon that when the big oilers all get their 1 or 2% biodiesel blend and suck dry all of Australia's biodiesel production for their own lubricity additive to dino diesel, then they'll all start to promote themselves as "biofuels".

@ jcaley - Interesting idea re neco. I recently bought some downlights and nappies from them online and I was struck by the desire to physically see the different fittings next to each other before I committed to buying them online. If Morris is looking for eco products for the retail part of the station, then you are right - perhaps neco might be a good pairing.
                      Robert.
                      Site Admin.

Comment

Green Station 100%

Comment

I've just been watching "The Smartest Guys in the Room" a doco on the risa and fall of Enron. As I watched their logo appear repeatedly, I came around to the idea that (as has already been suggested by others) "EcoFuels" is a pretty good name, if only to score some irony from the adaptation of the old Enron logo.
                          I guess it is not like the company is going to sue for a trademark now is it?

Anyway, here's some very rough and dirty drafts I banged together to show the concept.

The original E from Enron here is an "E" for all the E's that Morris said (environmental, ethical, ecological etc) and the 2nd colour could also make it an "F" for Fuel.

Enron liked to make out that they were somehow above everyone else because they asked "why" and they used this in much of their marketing, in fact, adding this text at the bottom of their logo in many campaigns. Of course it was for things like "Why can I not make heaps of money from trading energy stocks, inventing broadband stocks of even trying to trade on the weather?"

Perhaps in this case the answer might be a little different?:

"ask why?"

"In a world full of corporations asking "what's in it for me", we think it's time to stop thinking only for ourselves all the time.
                          Why should we not think of each other, the world we live in and what sort of legacy we will leave future generations?
                          Eco Fuels asks these questions. The most important ones.

In a world full of large oil corporate greed and the expoitation and monopolisation of consumer society to the detriment of the planet, we seek a better way.
                          Why don't you make the choice to do your part? Why don't you wean yourself off polluting fossil fuels?
                          Start asking the questions and we'll give you more choices."

Anyway, that would be my idea for some sort of wanky marketing spiel to accompany a logo. The logo is below.

I really should also post up a poll soon for you all the vote on the suggestions made so far. In the mean time, I'd better get to bed and stop wasting time pretending to be some of silly advertising/marketing type.
                          Robert
                          Administrator
                          Last edited by Robert; 23 January 2006, 11:00 PM.
                          Robert.
                          Site Admin.

Comment

Robert,
                            Thank you for the time and initiative of actually producing art work, it is very good, perhaps you are missing your calling. My only hesitation w/Eco is that it implies economy, as in cheap, giant economy size, economy car, etc. However, the 3 E's are the big selling points - Biodiesel, and for that matter the whole station, will be based on the fundamentals of: Energy, Environment, and Econoy. I am using economy in the national sense; domestic economy.

For the short term, I am putting up a larger sign that says Bio Diesel. That's it. The bigger question will remain for awhile longer. Thanks to everyone for their input, I do taqke all of the suggestions seriously. ML
                            Morris Lyda
                            [URL=http://www.thebiodieselstation.com]
                            The Biodiesel Station

Comment

I like Ecofuels.

I don't know much about Enron or Logos but I did a search and found out there is a political satire set up by a site called Virridian redesigning Enron logos(some designs are pretty funny and the Virridian guy is a very intense sci-fi writer). I don't know if a new business needs to confuse or upset people too much by having to defend the humour in their logo.

As an alternative I did a search under eco logos and found a site www.ecolabels.org and discovered that the US Consumers Union takes logos and labels for environmentally certified products very seriously.

Their logos look very earnest, hand drawn and decidedly non-corporate, which I like but most new businesses would run a mile from (at least if they ran a mile they wouldn't be burning any fossil fuels)

Comment

Working...
                              X