Biodiesel workshops in Adelaide & Melbourne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biodiesel workshops in Adelaide & Melbourne

In association with Phillip Calais and Jonathon Thwaites, I will be presenting Biodiesel workshops in Adelaide on the weekend of 18,19th March and in Melbourne on the weekend of 25,26th March.

Please check out the details on UWA Sustainability Website

Any bookings or enquiries should be referred to Jonathon Thwaites, University of WA, 08 6488 7932 or 0419 924 355

I look forward to seeing some of the forum members while in the East.
    Tony From West Oz
    Vice Chairperson of WARFA
    Last edited by Tony From West Oz; 26 January 2006, 01:20 AM.
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
    '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
    '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
    '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Re: Biodiesel workshops in Adelaide & Melbourne

Sounds great. Perhaps some of the Melbourne Club members might be able to get in on the action. You should also chuck these events in the calendar too.
    Oh, and could you please give us the link for the UWA Sustainability Website?
    Robert
    Administrator
    Last edited by Robert; 25 January 2006, 11:25 AM.
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert
      Sounds great. Perhaps some of the Melbourne Club members might be able to get in on the action. You should also chuck these events in the calendar too.
      Oh, and could you please give us the link for the UWA Sustainability Website?
      Robert, I inserted it into the first post, where it was supposed to be,
      Tony
      Tony From West Oz
      Last edited by Tony From West Oz; 26 January 2006, 01:40 AM.
      Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Previous Vehicles:
      '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
      '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)

Comment

Tony, I note that there is going to be a biodiesel lab. I assume this will be to demonstrate how easy it is to make biodiesel.

Question, (and I will understand if you do not respond to this post) will anyone have a license to make biodiesel at this lab event?

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Syd
          Tony, I note that there is going to be a biodiesel lab. I assume this will be to demonstrate how easy it is to make biodiesel.

Question, (and I will understand if you do not respond to this post) will anyone have a license to make biodiesel at this lab event?
          Terry,
          I doubt that the ATO will challenge the University of WA, in making biodiesel.

Part of the workshop is to demonstrate the use of Used Cooking Oils as diesel fuel. And I have a letter from the ATO stating that it does not attract excise.
          I will be bringing the Fatmobile (or another of our 300Ds) across to display the conversion.

Tony
          ps,
          I would hope to meet with as many people as possible on this trip, I don't get opportunities like this very often.

Previous Vehicles:

Comment

Tony, I hope many people do turn up. As you have indicated in other posts elsewhere, we really do need a legitimate national organisation for biofuels. Perhaps the networking at the University can generate a spark in that direction. If people are interested in such an idea, then maybe they should attend even though they already know how to make biodiesel.

Regarding the ATO letter, I don't understand, does the letter indicate that making biodiesel for educational purposes does not attract excise (and all the rest of the licensing nonsense)?? Is this an ATO ruling that is available on their website?

Comment

Regarding the ATO letter, I don't understand, does the letter indicate that making biodiesel for educational purposes does not attract excise (and all the rest of the licensing nonsense)?? Is this an ATO ruling that is available on their website?
              I'm also finding this very interesting. Are they suggesting that converting used cooking oils doesn't attract an excise. This is very interesting.

Joe
              Joe Morgan
              Brisbane Biodiesel Site Admin
              http://www.brisbanebiodiesel.com

Searching tips using Google - SVO Dual tank systems
              SVO, Common Rail and Direct Injection - Vehicles converted to Used Cooking Oil

Comment

Tony, I hope many people do turn up. As you have indicated in other posts elsewhere, we really do need a legitimate national organisation for biofuels. Perhaps the networking at the University can generate a spark in that direction. If people are interested in such an idea, then maybe they should attend even though they already know how to make biodiesel.

The letter to which I referred, related to the use of Straight Vegetable Oil use, whether new oil for human consumption, freshly pressed oil or used cooking oils.
                It did advise that mixing vegetable oil with biodiesel or other excisable fuels would attract excise at the appropriate rate.

I am sorry to dissappoint you all.

PLEASE NOTE: Dates for the workshops have changed due to SA elections. Melbourne on 18th March, Adelaide on 25th March. Possibility of one in Mt Gambier if numbers permit.

Tony
                Tony From West Oz
                Last edited by Tony From West Oz; 9 February 2006, 01:18 AM.

Previous Vehicles:

Comment

Thanks Tony, reading between the lines that answers my original question. I hope you get a good turn out. The more people that know about these skills the less impact Peak Oil will have on Australia.

Comment

Working...
                  X