Biodiesel Workshops in Melbourne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biodiesel Workshops in Melbourne

In association with Phillip Calais and Jonathon Thwaites, I will be presenting Biodiesel workshops in Adelaide on the weekend of 18,19th March and in Melbourne on the weekend of 25,26th March.

CORRECTION - Due to SA state elections the dates are transposed.Melbourne on 18th, adelaide on the 25th.
    This also conflicts with the Commonwealth Games in Melbourne and some motor racing in Adelaide, but we can live with that.

Please check out the details on UWA Sustainability Page

Any bookings or enquiries should be referred to Jonathon Thwaites, University of WA, 08 6488 7932 or 0419 924 355 <jthwaites@admin.uwa.edu.au>

I look forward to seeing some of the Australian forum members while in the East.
    Tony From West Oz
    Vice Chairperson of WARFA
    Last edited by Tony From West Oz; 14 March 2006, 01:22 AM.
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
    '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
    '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
    '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Re: Biodiesel Workshops in Melbourne

G'day Tony,

Could you please double check your dates for the workshops in Melbourne and Adelaide. The calendar says one thing and this thread says another.

Cheers, Steve.

Comment

Yes please Tony! This could have been my fault as I did the calendar entries initially, then there was a change in the dates. Now that the timing is so close , I'd hate for people to get the wrong info . The UWS website does concur with my calendar entires, but not with Tony's post above.
      Robert.
      Site Admin.

Comment

I am booked in for this saturday 18/03/2006 at ceres at brunswick.
        What a name ceres is it an abbreviation.

Anything we need to take with us to this workshop.

Comment

Sorry about the confusion in dates. The website is correct. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I will amend the dates above after I make this post.

Dodge,
          Just bring yourself, you may wish to make notes, so bring a pen. You will recieve a printout of the presentations with plenty of room to make notes. We are hoping to have tea and coffee available at the venue for morning and afternoon tea and CERES has a Cafe on site so we can get lunch there.

Latest on bookings - 24 registered. Venue has room for up to 50, so there is plenty of room for others.

Note: this is a Not for Profit event, all proceeds not used in transport, accommodation and operating costs are returned to the community groups (UWA and WARFA) which are involved in the organisation of the events.
          The presenters are NOT paid for presenting the workshops.
          Tony From West Oz
          Last edited by Tony From West Oz; 14 March 2006, 01:32 AM.
          Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Previous Vehicles:
          '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
          '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)

Comment

NEWSFLASH:
            Additional workshop is planned for Mount Gambier.
            Venue: Mount Gambier High School
            Date 22nd March '06
            check out the details on http://www.sustainability.ofm.uwa.ed...come/biodiesel

There are plenty of vacancies for this workshop at today's date (13/3/06).
            Tony From West Oz
            Last edited by Tony From West Oz; 14 March 2006, 02:11 AM.

Previous Vehicles:

Comment

A really great show in Brunswick today, Tony and Phil. Worth every cent!!

Many thanks on behalf of all.

RASteve.

Comment

On behalf of all of us who wished we were there - can anyone give us any stories about the day, photos, useful info learned etc? Perhaps Darren could pop something up on melbournebiodiesel.org (or I could also help with that if need be).
                Great to hear that they went well.
                Robert.
                Site Admin.

Comment

Fantastic show on saturday at CERES, and in the the lecture shed right next to our proposed site at CERES. We in the club should meet in that particular room more often. Suggestions being a soap manufacturing workshop with Richard Tye, A suck trailer recycled metal welding party. . A fundraiser party. around the fire place.
                  RE photo's ,, cant wait for Tony to send me some to post here and on the MBDC site
                  Yes thank Tony of WA for a great day.
                  DAZ.

Comment

Phillip Calais and I were very happy with the response to the workshop at CERES in Melbourne.
                    I am posting a few photos of the workshop here.

I apologise for the low quality photos, that is as good as I can upload with the file size restrictions.
                    Images. L-R
                    Workshop participants (about half of the attendees shown).
                    Tony Clark Presenting session on Taxation and Excise
                    Phillip Calais presenting on biodiesel.
                    Phillip Calais performing a titration.
                    Workshop participants (other half of the attendees shown)
                    Tony From West Oz
                    Last edited by Tony From West Oz; 5 April 2006, 01:50 AM.

Previous Vehicles:

Comment

Yep ,, a good time was had by all, and a little boost of participation in the MBDC has come from the event. GREAT
                      I was so inspired by the event i will be planning a day for all interested on the 22nd April at the same location, ( the environmental room at CERES. And including the grassed area and fire place circle out front. )
                      The day will be --
                      1. Titration workshop.
                      2. Sample batch reaction in Darren's new 50 litre test batch reactor and spin filtre, made from a modified "Hoover Deluxe" Twin Tub washing Machine.
                      3. Arc Welding workshop to make a club "Suck Trailer". (Pending we find the axle frame of a trailer, and some 44's).
                      4. Swap meet and general Market Stall of components of Reactor Plant, such as motors, pumps, filtres, hoses, fittings, found vessels etc etc, and of course Richards Soap.
                      5. BBQ Sausage sizzle and beers, for fundraiser.
                      6. The opportunity to set up Chorums/ Co-ops for the collective purchase of Meth. and KoH.
                      7. And ofcourse a general meet and greet, social, informal meeting.
                      So Bring along your old or found components and a fold up table on the day if you wish,maybe some Meth. or KoH and some appropriate containers,or bring some cash incase you find a component you need.
                      The day will coincide with CERES usual organic Markets, but just away down the trail to the environmental room and fire circle.
                      see you there,, Darren.

darren leonadas
                      Last edited by darren leonadas; 6 April 2006, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Cool! I added an event to the calendar for it as well.
                        Robert.
                        Site Admin.

Comment

Sounds great Darren. Hopefully I'll get back in time for it. I'll have to come and pick up some more of the green soap. Everyone I live with at college wants some!!

RASteve

Comment

Working...
                          X