• Show
Clear All

• Brisbane Supplies

For those of you looking for Sodium or Potassium Hydroxide I recommend :

Industrial Cleansers
    Unit 2a / 424 Bilsen Rd
    Geebung, Qld 4034
    (07) 3265 6311

Ask for Jill, but ring first and ask about availability of materials first. Prices are good.

They supply in 25Kg bags, also have methanol in 20 litre containers. Sulphuric acid too if you are really adventurous and try an Acid / Base reaction. Just remeber to keep the NaOH or KOH in an air tight container, do not rely on the bags they come in.

Regards,
    Matt
    Biodiesel Bandit

Landcruiser '98 80 series B100.

Re: Brisbane Supplies

Thanks Matt, welcome to the forum. That supplier is nice and close to me.
    Are you a maker of bio or a user.? Would like to hear of your experiences.
    Regards
    Peter

Comment

Hello Peter, I am glad they are locl to you. Its a bit of a trip for me, luckily Mum and Dad live out near there.

In answer to your query yes, and it been good and bad. Good environmentally and financially bad in terms of problems with things like filters, fuel lines, pump, seals not to mention the mess I sometimes make with the raw materials!

I strongly suggest you do it and don't look back. I smile all the time when driving thinking of how much cleaner it is.

Matt
      Biodiesel Bandit

Comment

Thanks Matt, My processor project is under way but progress is slow due to working 7 days a week, but it will happen. I am driving a 2001 Nissan Patrol 4.2 turbo and uses about 16ltr /100k so with the current price of fuel I will definately make some savings. What do you drive?
        Regards
        Peter

Comment

Peter I drive a 98 Toyota turbo diesel and get about the same if not better fuel economy. I got 12.5 litres/100 on a run upto inskip point a few months back with a roof rack. Around town is another matter. Running cheaper fuel also has me with atendancy to put the foot down too, silly but true.

Other than that I love bio as well as this planet which is primarily why I started, its also eases my conscience driving 3 tonne of car around. Plus being an engineer I cant help but absolutely have to making things myself.

Matt
          Biodiesel Bandit

Comment

I forgot to mention bulk methanol purchasing. If you want to buy 200 litre drums of the stuff then ASCC in Lytton are the people to ring. Cash sale will cost about $190 per drum. You pick it up in Archerfield and must have a caged trailer to transport it.

Otherwise you will have to buy 20 litre drums which Industrial Cleansers now do as Rechochem no longer to sales under $100. For the books I bought my first 40 litres from Rechochem for about $120, when I was learning.

Matt
            Biodiesel Bandit

Comment

hi guys I get my methanol from kellys wrecking on beams rd carseldien for $1.50 a litre they deccant small amount also but ring first
              started on bio now on blends next a svo conversion 1986 toyota 4runner

Comment

Has anyone availed themselves of the suppliers I mentioned? I would like to know any feedback that I can pass on to them. I will be visiting tomorrow to pick up KOH and will relay them to the proprietor.

I have no assocaition with them in any manner apart from buying from them myself.

Matt
                Biodiesel Bandit

Comment

Sorry Matt i haven't tried them yet.
                  Peter

Comment

Well hurry up and make some then Peta, you will not regret it one bit!

They now have KOH in double sealed bags again, 90% purity but its sealed so who is complaining! Once the outer bag is opened get a twist tie and reseal the inner plastic bag, don't leave them, which reminds me I have to seal my second mag which I did not open last weekend. 1000 litres looking good.

Matt
                    Biodiesel Bandit

Comment

Hi All Up in Sunny Queensland from down here in chilly sMelb's.
                      Coming this weekend, my partner and i are flying to Byron Bay (via southport) for the Blues Festival and Easter break plus one week holiday.
                      (my whole exstended family on dads side grow pigs and bananas in the hills between Mullumbimby and Nimbin). My dad has informed me one of my cousins has opened a fish and chip shop in Mullum, so naturally you can guess what i'll be doing with my cousin, Yes convincing him to make diesel and helping him construct a reactor plant. My enquiry to those in QLD is "Where can my cousin get Meth. and Koh in S.E. QLD, or far northern NSW.".(obviously somewhere in Briso) I shouldn't have any difficulty finding the materials and plumbing to weld up the reactor, but finding Meth. and KoH in Mullum or around Byron may be hard. So Any leads would be good.
                      Cheers from DAZ.

Comment

There is this dude in Byron - I got it from Paul Martin's site:

North coast Biodiesel
                        Unit 4 / 7 Brigantine st
                        Byron Bay Industrial Estate
                        Selected hours please call
                        0415 718 876

I reckon he'd have to know! If you find him useful, or get any decent info, out of him, please post it up here!

Mmmm, Byron, sounds great. I wish I was going

Joe, will you be around Byron at all? You and Darren should try to catch up.
                        Robert.
                        Site Admin.

Comment

Just spoke to the guy at North coast BD. I had not checked my webmail, but read about him opening up a service station on the 4th of April in the local paper, The Echo.
                          Cheers Rob any way. DAZ.

Comment

Re: Feedstock Supplies

Hi everyone,

Is any one interested in a continual supply of international standard.CPO for import for biodiesel production? I have a supply of approximately 30,000 tons per month.

Regards,
                            Peter

Comment

Hi Peter,

You may want to post that info in the industry forum. Also, you may want to provide some info about your palm oil. There has been a lot of bad press recently about palm plantations and deforestation. As such, many biodiesel consumers are shy of commercially produced biodiesel that has used palm in the feedstock. If you can show that your oil is sustainably farmed etc, then you might get better noticed for it.
                              Robert.
                              Site Admin.

Comment

Working...
                              X