Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bio in Ford Transits from a newbie

Hiya Guys,

I was wondering if anyone could help me... I was thinking about trying Bio diesel in my VJ Ford Transit van and am very interested hearing from anyone who either has tried it or could tell me whether its a no go???? Because its a delivery vehicle reliability is very important to me...
    I would be grateful for any advice...
    cheers

Tibbles

Re: Bio in Ford Transits from a newbie

Hello and welcome, Tibbles.

This sort of question is very common, but it is still fair to ask for a newcomer. I've posted up an FAQ on my sydneybiodiesel site about this here.
    To simplify this issue, and assuming that the biodiesel you will be using meets specification, all diesel engines will run biodiesel quite happily. The only things you need to consider will be the old residue that gets left behind from years of petro diesel being cleaned out by the biodiesel and clogging your filter. If you are prepared for this, you will not have a problem and you will get a wonderfully clean system.
    Have a browse through this forum and you will find lots of people asking "can I use it in my car?" Go through these threads and you should get some confidence after seeing enough of these.
    When I first made these sites, I was initially seeking confidence to know that biodiesel would be OK in my particular car, after being told by many mechanics and manufacturers who had never tried it that it would cause me problems. I put a picture of my car at the bottom of my signature now so that everyone can see that I run B100 in it with no problems.
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Comment

Working...
    X