B100 supply day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B100 supply day

For those of you who remember Morris and the Biodiesel Station in Marrickville, be aware that although he could not operate from the station any more, he is still operating outside of the retail space with a mini-tanker.

He is willing to park this mini-tanker in a central location for a morning so that we may get some commercially produced, Australian Spec biodiesel from him.

Be aware that this is the fuel that is sold to fleets and is not the stuff that we don't really trust from the likes of Volume Plus.

Check the biodiesel finder map for the location (it's the marker in white, or filter by events).

He will be in carpark 6, on the Eastern side of Australia Avenue, across the road from the Stadium. He will be able to take cash and cards (Visa, Mastercard, Bankcard), but NOT eftpos. He will be able to pump clean B100 directly into your vehicle and/or containers. He will be there this Sunday, 10/12/06 from 8am to 12pm.

I'll be there. Hope to see a few of you there too.
    Robert
    Administrator
    Last edited by Robert; 7 December 2006, 08:00 PM.
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Re: B100 supply day

Weee,
    My first post here

I hope it's not out of line, but any chance you could advise on the cost P/L?

Thanks!

Comment

Not out of line at all. I'm waiting for an answer to that question and I'll post it up as soon as I find out. Morris, could you post it here if you see this?
      Robert.
      Site Admin.

Comment

Robert, I plan to be there.
        George

Comment

I've just heard that it will be $1.20/L.
          Robert.
          Site Admin.

Comment

Bugger I'm pretty much full! Need to drive more... Great idea though, and would definitely support it in the future.
            Moved from bio to Electrons - Nissan Leaf

Comment

Many thanks Robert for the notification, I will be there!
              Peter

VW Golf GT Sport 2.0 TDI

Comment

Awesome - it will be my debut on the BD as I have just purchased my 2000 Holden Jackaroo and are ready to go. Any idea where I can get my hands on 60L containers between now and then?

Comment

Great news, I'll be there for sure. Lets hope this will be a regular event.

Comment

A big thanks to Morris for making himself available on a Sunday!
                    Was nice to meet you, and the 2 members from the forums who I also met.

Comment

Unfortunately, the morning was cut short when the park security came and booted the truck out as they did not like the idea of him dispensing fuel there.

Still, there were about 20 people who came past before then. Apologies to anyone who turned up after 10am and missed out.

This is not a very profitable thing for Morris to do (in fact there is actually a bit of a loss on a day like this), but still those of us are grateful that he makes the effort to get the good oil out there.

Perhaps if we can get another one organised, we will have to find a different location. The other possibility is a "swap and go" container system using containers or drums. This will have to be investigated later.
                      Robert.
                      Site Admin.

Comment

Actually, to Morris's credit, he kept selling B100, but at a different location

He remained at the parking lot, while the tanker was moved, and he redirected people to the new spot.
                        When I was leaving, another member (Peter?) had parked at the original meet point, and was waving the BioDiesel sticker at all vehicles that looked like they were looking for the tanker, and redirected them.

So a few more like myself managed to get the 'good oil', pun intended

EDIT: A friend of mine, who also bought some today, and myself are now looking at a storage solutions, so we can do a bulk buy.
                        Oldboy
                        Biofuels Forum Newbie
                        Last edited by Oldboy; 10 December 2006, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Thank you Morris for going to the trouble of doing this for us. I will proudly display your BD sticker.

My 140 liters of B100 will help a lot.

As I commented to you, it might be a worthwhile idea for you to bring some spare 20 litre containers with you next time so people can buy a little bit extra to take back in their boots.
                          George

Comment

My thanks go to Morris and all the others who turned up. We all appreciate your efforts. Lets hope many more people turn up in the future, because this definitely needs to be a regular exercise!

If just 50 people buy 100 litres (avg. 60L fuel tank, 2 x 20L jerry cans) then all 5000L would sold, woot!

That said, I also forgot to buy some jerry cans prior to the meet, so I felt like a kid in a candy store whose parents only gave you a 10g bag to fill up.

Comment

Yeah , a big thanks to Morris for my first load of good stuff and to Peter for staying on redirecting us. Cheers.
                              300D

Comment

Working...
                              X