SVO conversions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SVO conversions

Is there anyone in Tas who has done an SVO conversion or know of someone that has, or does them. I'm keen to convert one of my diesel engines to SVO and would like to do it with my old ute and then with my 671GM in my boat. The boat should be easy as there's lots of room in the engine room, But with the ute I would definitely need help and resources.

Re: SVO conversions

Hi Alga,

I've converted my MQ Patrol ute and discovered a lot of what not to do. All is running well now . Do you still have the Patrol?
    MQ Patrol - WVO since 2005

Comment

Hi, I'm about to sell the patrol as I concentrated on a dual cab 4x4 triton and rebuilt the motor and the patrol has a bit of rust in the body and not enough leg room for me. Other than that she's in great condition, I reckon the 3.3 turbo is the best engine they made. I've decided to convert the triton to SVO and will probably put an extra tank in the back and build a floor up to the height of the wheel well humps so I can take it out if I need to. I'll use bd100 for starting and have asked Elsbeth whether they have a kit and price for a single tank conversion for the triton. Getting a bit sick of making lots of BD and want to convert my boats 671GM to SVO as well, she can carry more than 4000 lt and it would be nice to be able to travel for free with her and just have 400lt of BD for starting. Plus the upcoming excise and uncertainty wiht making BD, I reckon of i just do enouihg formstarring I should be fairly safe rom the snoops at the ATO.

I'd be interested to hear how you did yours and the traps you found. if your aroud Hobart area, I wouldn't mind having a look as I go to Hobart each couple of weeks. My trip to Aus opened my eyes to how expensive fuel is when I couldn't get BD, cut the holiday spending money down a great deal. I want to make a portable filter system as well so I can collect oil as I travel, but haven't really thought about how to do it.
      Alga
      Last edited by Alga; 22 December 2006, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Hi Alga,

Sorry to hear that the Patrol has to go - much better than Tritons in my opinion Ever thought about shortening your legs?
        Seriously now, I am located on Hobart's Eastern Shore and available Mondays & Tuesdays in Jan. Send me a PM if this suits & we can arrange to meet.
        Cheers.
        MQ Patrol - WVO since 2005

Comment

Working...
        X