Biodiesel at Peats Ridge Festival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biodiesel at Peats Ridge Festival

I've been invited to talk on biodiesel at the Peats Ridge Festival happening from the 29th Dec to 1st of Jan.

I've not yet made a presentation up, so I'd better get cracking soon. If anyone out there has any materials or suggestions, I'd be grateful.

The whole festival is being run on biodiesel. They are also putting out requests for recovery vehicles that are running on biodiesel to be available for the weekend. Here's the go: If you have a 4WD that runs on biodiesel and you are willing to be present at the festival to assist any other vehicles that may get bogged on the property, then you can score yourself free entry. If you think this may be you, please let me know and I can put you in touch to make it happen.

I hope to see some of you there.
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Re: Biodiesel at Peats Ridge Festival

Thanks Rob.

I will be there too folks as one of the organisers - the UNSW Ecoliving Centre is co-ordinating the sustainability elements again this year.

The first year I had to do virtually all of the mud towing myself (it wasn't hard core recovering it is just in case it gets a bit muddy with clueless campers spinning their wheels super fast to get traction!?) with the trusty landrover defender apart from the farmer who was using his tractor on another part of the festival.

Last year there weren't any problems and hopefully this yeat will be OK again but just in case some campers can't get their cars out of the camping ground it would be great to have a few others available to help out IF needed. Otherwise if you aren't called upon you are at the festival and having a good time for free. 350 acts over 20 stage and other performing areas.

I have bought some new recovery gear on behalf of the festival so you wouldn't even have to use your own but we do need people who have some experience. You may even get a new strap or shackle out of it ... and some free bio ...

Contact me.

Cheers

Comment

I would love to help with towing as I don't live far from the site, but unfortunately I am in the UK at the moment.

Hopefully next year I will be around though!
      Sean

Comment

The presentations seemed to go quite well with loads of questions at the end. I did say that I will make the presentation available online here (or on the sydneybio site), so I will have to post it up soon. Watch this space.
        Robert.
        Site Admin.

Comment

I just posted up the presentation and the flyers that I handed out on the Sydney Biodiesel site if anyone is interested. If anyone has any corrections, or suggestions to improve it for the future, please let me know.
          Robert.
          Site Admin.

Comment

As no one else has said so.

WELL DONE Robert. The presentation looks very well layed out and I am sure will be of benefit to many of us who are trying to convince people of Biodiesels benefits.
            Dave

Comment

Working...
            X