Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Australian Biofuel Users has now formed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australian Biofuel Users has now formed!

Just a quick note to let everyone know that after much procrastination, the ABU has finally officially incorporated and is a legal entity.

We have signed a memorandum of understanding with the University of New South Wales, which should give us a good base for meetings etc while also lending us some credibility from the relationship. Hopefully we can also be of assistance to them as well.

Although we've had much enthusiastic talk, there have only been a very small handful of people who have so far stepped forward to put some real time, effort or money towards it. I'm hoping that now that were officially exist, this will change and more of you will want to get behind this in a real and useful way.

As this is a time when we are all busy with holiday activities, we may not do much until early in the new year, but I thought I should let you all know that something is happening and we hope to be able to collectively make a difference. I'll be sure to report back when we have some more news.
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Re: Australian Biofuel Users has now formed!

We've had a meeting recently and moved forward a little more. There is now a website for us, which I am still working on (basic skeleton can be found here). Our intention is to do a press release by 1st Feb 2007 and have the site a bit more ready then.
    We'll be taking paid memberships, but until we can get our forms right, as well as be clear about what we will offer and how much the membership fee will be, we will just take registrations on the site and offer paid memberships later. If you think you may be interested in joining the ABU as a paid member (it won't be expensive), please register on the site so you can be kept up to date.
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Comment

If I could give some feedback on the site so far Robert.....

I have a lot of trouble reading that small writing you are using especially when it is not in full contrast with the background.
      I have a 17" calibrated monitor that I can see to edit pictures on to fine detail no problems.
      Because of the difficulty I was having reading the seeming increase in this micro size print on web sites, I had my eyes throughly tested a few months ago.

The results from these tests showed my vision is 20/20. If I have trouble seeing this on a 17" monitor with perfect vision, I can only suggest other people with poorer eyesight would have a real hard time with it.
      If I can't see something easily, I don't now bother trying to read it if I have to strain my eyes because it gets to hard to comprehend the message anyway.

Perhaps you could consider pumping up the point size a level or 2 to make things a bit easier for the optically challenged?

Comment

Thank David. Noted. I will try and find a different font & size combination to make it a bit more readable. Just adjusting the size itself works, but it puts out some of the alignment & aesthetics a little.
        If you are using Firefox, you can easily adjust the font sizes by pressing ctrl+ to get bigger, ctrl- to get smaller and ctrl0 to return to default, works really well. If you are using IE (tsk tsk) you have a menu option for text size, but microsoft does not use CSS properly and it won't work on most sites (like most microsoft stuff ).
        Robert.
        Site Admin.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
          We've had a meeting recently and moved forward a little more. There is now a website for us, which I am still working on (basic skeleton can be found here). Our intention is to do a press release by 1st Feb 2007 and have the site a bit more ready then.
          We'll be taking paid memberships, but until we can get our forms right, as well as be clear about what we will offer and how much the membership fee will be, we will just take registrations on the site and offer paid memberships later. If you think you may be interested in joining the ABU as a paid member (it won't be expensive), please register on the site so you can be kept up to date.
          Robert,

What do you see the ABU offering as member services?
          George

Comment

We're still discussing that, but here is a cut & paste from a discussion we had. It is just our initial discussion and I'm sure there will be more things that we come up with. I'm planning on having more details on this on the website by 1st Feb.

Membership. What can we offer to our members.

·Stickers
            ·Diesel Days
            ·Workshops
            ·Newsletters
            ·Social get togethers
            ·Members only section
            ·Representation
            ·Seminars
            ·Discounts (filter supplies etc)
            ·Access to biodiesel friendly mechanics etc
            ·Technical Advice
            ·Locations of endorsed suppliers
            ·Membership cards.
            Robert.
            Site Admin.

Comment

Hi you could always start recomending reliable brands of biofuels...

Comment

The only Reliable Brands of BioDiesel in Sydney anyway are the home Brewed kind and I don't think they want to go there.

Comment

Not the ONLY.

Morris is OK for fuel just not a regular outlet yet
                  Dave

Comment

Hi Robert, I am newbie, an American invesing in a biodiesel plant in Tasmania. I am very interested in your power point presentation, but find the file corrupted after transfer, can u email it to me?

Have been invited to make presentation to Committee of Parlaiment for mamdated use of biodiesel in Tasmania, and am hoping to mine information from this and other sites. Hope to have input to create tax incentive for use of biodiesel. We believe in the product and its benefits to every community.

Many thanks,
                    Diamond Deb :cool:

Comment

Hi Deb,

You could get them to use a quality standard with regular inspections and stuff, And all the stuff that passes gets a badge so everyone knows its good stuff. Kinda works for booze, so why not biofuel ?

Comment

Working...
                      X