Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on generators

Hi all,

I am working on a biodiesel project in Cambodia. I am working with an Australian based NGO.

I am building a small pilot plant withthe aim to supply biodiesel to run an small universities diesel generators.

The Uni provides free education for all rural Cambodians, who would normally not get access to any education. Currently the entire uni is powered by two diesel generators, which provide limited power during the day, and no power past 8pm. Things are tough at the uni, and this project aims to generate a little more income for them, and also allow for the use of electricity for fans, lights and computers all day long.

ANY help that members of this board can provide wil be GREATLY appreciated.

I am listing the 2 types of generators used at the uni. I am allowed to produce B100 and trial it on the smaller gen first. Obviously the uni is very apprehensive about using the product on the larger gen, as it was donated by a donot country, and if it was damaged the uni would be in a VERY bad situation.

Ive been advised by some BD producers to begin by using B20 on the smaller gen, and advancing to B100. Then replicate this, once successful, on the larger gen.

I would like to list the specs of the gens here, and just get some reassurance from members, who have some experience in this area, if these gens are OK to use BD100 with.
    Many thanks for any opinions.

Smal Gen specs.

S195
    7.5 KVA
    I-h rating output 9.7 KW 2000r/min
    Net mass 145 kg
    Rugao Engine Works, Peoples Republic of China

Large Gen specs.

50/60 KVA
    7.5KVA x 2
    57.4 KW 1800 min
    200/220V 144/157A
    100/110V 75/68.2A
    6,494L
    Japan
    3686KG

Should running BD in these diesel gens be OK?
    Thanks!

Re: Advice on generators

YES.
    Depending on length of service on Petroleum Diesel, the fuel system may benefit from frequent fuel filter changes as the microbes in the tank are sent to the fuel filter after the biodiesel kills them off. In cars, this takes only one or 2 tanks to clear, but in stationary engines ,there is no fuel movement in the tank. This may not be an issue for you, or may continue for much longer.

If possible, monitor the fuel pressure/vacuum at the IP inlet, to determine the optimum fuel filter change point.
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
    '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
    '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
    '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Re: Advice on generators

Check out this site for some info on the 195

Utterpower.com

Comment

Working...
      X