Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WVO, SVO, UCO users ?

Hi,

I was wondering if their are any SVO users in the region? I have one car running as single tank set up and am about to start on the Patrol ('93 GQ 4.2 Turbo).
    The car in operation is a '79 MB 300D and was an easy job, the patrol has no room under bonnet for anything due to the turbo glide configuration (not looking forward to this one).

Anyway happy to hear from anyone out there and compare notes.

Cheers, Michael

Re: WVO, SVO, UCO users ?

Remy from Yass has a setup in his LC HZJ80 and a good mate of mine would like to do the same in his HZJ80.
    I am yet to tell Remy but I think we are heading into the Brindies on Australia Day so we could all meet up somewhere where I can drink tea a listen to you lot talk SVO.... Yawn

BTW I have given that mate my 44's to fillup with 1300litres of Heating oil given to me buy one of my wvo suppliers... I couldn't bring myself to use dino fuel.
    HDJ80 (aka Kiwipete)
    Canberra

Comment

Hi hdj80,
      I'd be your really, really good mate if you gave me 1300L of fuel
      I'll be away on Australia day which is a pity as I'm between Canberra and Yass on the foothills of the Brindies (backing Pig Hill). But would enjoy boring you with tales of WVO trials, tribulations and successes; another time perhaps?
      Cheers, Michael

Comment

G'day fellas,

I'm new to the whole scene so bear with me. I'm about to convert my Cruiser to run on WVO.
        I'm just looking for advice on filtration systems that people have set up and/or suppliers they have who are looking to offload more oil.

I live in QBN and have been running into brick wall after brick wall. Almost had one but it fell through this week....

I willing to travel to pick up and assist others (partly b/c I can learn more!) if they want.

cheers

Comment

Just wondering.... Have you thought about Peanut Oil?

I was talking to a bloke a while back that wanted to go SVO and decided to not bother with filtering wvo etc etc and deal with the mess and hassle of collecting but instead had orgainsed to buy Peanut oil in 1000litre lots. The cost was something like $1.00 a litre but meant that the oil could be pumped straight in to the tank....

Another alternative was to buy it from the guy's that collect the WVO i.e they send it off to be filtered to 5 micron and will sell it on for less than a $1.00 a litre.

I know of one Biodiesel home brewer that has wvo taken from his pickup I can see this happening more and more as more people start looking alternatively. Also the demand can start putting a price on wvo...
          HDJ80 (aka Kiwipete)
          Canberra

Comment

Working...
          X