Guest Speaker for a Hornsby Ku-Ringai 4 Wheel Drive Club Meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guest Speaker for a Hornsby Ku-Ringai 4 Wheel Drive Club Meeting

Is there any one out there who would like to give some type of presentation to the Hornsby Ku-Ringai 4 Wheel Drive Club on alternative diesel fuels. The Diesel 4wd's are the choice of many in the club and they usualy clock up a lot of kilometres in the persuit of their sport/ recreation and work.
    The club meets at 8.00 PM on the second Tuesday of each month please let me know if you are interested or want to dob some one in for the job.
    I think that this is a good oportunity to spread the word to some clued up people who generaly care for their vehicles about Bio and UVO.

Re: Guest Speaker for a Hornsby Ku-Ringai 4 Wheel Drive Club Meeting

Bill, I have a Power Point presentation that covers biodiesel and Peak Oil. It runs for about 30 minutes. The Peak Oil issue really should be part of the presentation. In a few years I expect that we will be suffering from fuel rationing and those who can find alternative ways to fuel their vehicles will be well ahead of those stuck in the system.

Unfortunately, I have an Organic Farming class on Tuesday nights. However, when the next school break happens I could do the presentation. I'll have to check when that is.

Comment

Hi Terry,
      I would love to see that presentation too please? Working at a Uni and being interested in Peak Oil I often get asked about biodiesel and related topics and if it was possible for me to have a copy of that presentation I would be happy to help you out with presentations of that nature if you were keen to have a 'wing man'?

I am in the Landrover Club and I know that they are keen on a biodiesel presentation at some stage (although I basically never go to the meetings as I have to go to sit through too many meetings for work already!)

Cheers,
      Cameron

Comment

Cameron, the last time I gave it I was giving it to a Farming Class, so I included as part of the presentation yields of various crops. I discussed the high yields of perennial crops such as macadamia and avocado and the need to target such perennials in order to raise the EROEI. There is also a slide on the energy usage in modern agriculture to show where all the energy goes. (I'm a fan of permaculture)

I will modify the PP for Bill's four-wheel drive club, but you may want to see it in its present form. Send me a private email with a mailing address and I'll send you a copy.

Comment

Great Terry - I actually will be interested in BOTH versions!

pm on the way!

Cheers,
          Cameron

Comment

Working...
          X