Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK all you creative people!!

Here's an off-topicy suggestion:

How about we have a competition to design a logo for the ABU!
    (Robert - can you enable polls on this forum?)

then we can vote on the best one and the winner can get a free t-shirt with the logo on it or something...

Re: OK all you creative people!!

what a great idea - I bet we have some very creative people in here!

Nice one.

Cameron

Comment

Yes, a very good idea. I can enable polls, but we need some submissions first. I opened a thread for this a little while ago in here. Although Tilly's submission made me laugh, I don't think it would really work too well, so I'd love to see some more serious attempts. We'll have to find some sort of present for the winner.
      Robert.
      Site Admin.

Comment

Mind you if the treasurer is the most creative person in the group, we have problems....
        cheers<BR>Chris.<BR>1990 landcruiser 80, 1HD-T two tank, copper pipe HE+ 20 plate FPHE, toyota solenoids and filters. 1978 300D, elsbett one tank system.<BR>

Comment

Well, here is the first revision of one that my brother has been working on for us. At first, I thought it was a water drop that he had coloured yellow, but it is actually a flame that he used. Although I quite like it for the web and for high resolution printing, it will not be any good for simpler printing purposes, like fax headers or stickers. He's going to refine it to be simpler and easier to reproduce, but we may still stick with a high-res version for the web and a simplified version for elsewhere.

The next suggestion for it will be to make the circle a closed carbon cycle (like Captain Echidna's ). The circle can be adapted to have arrows.

Anyway, here is the first draft he sent me. It is a work in progress.
          Robert.
          Site Admin.

Comment

Well, in absence of any dazzling graphic design wizards coming forward with offerings, I have cobbled together the following based on what we've got so far.

There are 2 versions. A high resolution one will be for larger web graphics and colour print and a low resolution (vectored) 2 colour line drawing will be used for anything small, or anything where a complicated logo will be difficult, such as fax headers etc.

I've used the recycle logo, as a circle to represent a closed carbon cycle. The hires version has a canola field behind it with clouds, just to make the carbon cycle point more obvious. The yellow "drop" is of course meant to be biodiesel.

If anyone has any better offerings, please bring them forward. (These ones have already been put to work on the website.)
            Robert.
            Site Admin.

Comment

FWIW i like the one on the left best...good and simple and would reproduce well at different scales...

Comment

Hi, FWIW I too like the one on the left, simple, clean lines, easily reproduced on any scale, etc. but.................

1. it's similar to BP's corporate colours and
                2. it's a generic oil recycling logo, say for an oil collection point / depot.

Chris's insertion of symbols in the cycle differentiates the logo, I like it as it tells you exactly what it's about. Perhaps a hybrid with some universal symbols at each break in the cycle.
                CO2 --- Bio --- Oil? All three letters and might work?

cheers, Michael

Comment

There's some good suggestions there.

I was going to make a logo, but for the following reasons I couldn't:

1) I lack a significant amount of artistic talent
                  2) The green-and-gold colour scheme has already been used by BP and I couldn't think of anything better

what about an oil drop in the shape of Australia? Just don't ask me to try make it!

Comment

If we are thinking of only biodiesel and oil based biofuels, that is great, but there are other biofuels, eg ethanol, biogas, biomass, etc. We shoiuld avoid getting identified as only being interested in the oil based biofuels.

Tony
                    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
                    '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
                    '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
                    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
                    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
                    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
                    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
                    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
                    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
                    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
                    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
                    '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
                    '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
                    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Yes, oil is discriminating.
                      CO2---> BIO---> FUEL ???
                      Tried to think of a universal symbol for bio stuff that combusts, but nothing obvious springs to mind.
                      Michael

Comment

Originally posted by W123 x 2 View Post
                        Yes, oil is discriminating.
                        CO2---> BIO---> FUEL ???
                        Tried to think of a universal symbol for bio stuff that combusts, but nothing obvious springs to mind.
                        Michael
                        what about a flaming cow in a canefield?

I guess if we try to represent every form of biofuel, the logo will be extremely complicated.

How about if we just have a recycle-circle symbol, with the name of the group (one word per line, 3 lines) on the right hand side, slightly overlapping the circle. Then it kind of gets the idea across about sustainability, and it fully explains who we are.

anyway, just a thought... again, don't ask me to design it!

Comment

Hi Amber I like your idea . The simplest solution is usually the best.

Comment

I did consider the other biofuels, and to my knowledge the car - co2 - pant circle encompasses all things, (possible exception of biomass that may need a pig or cow inserted in for clarity?) It should cover ethanol, producer gas, biodiesel, SVO etc?
                            cheers<BR>Chris.<BR>1990 landcruiser 80, 1HD-T two tank, copper pipe HE+ 20 plate FPHE, toyota solenoids and filters. 1978 300D, elsbett one tank system.<BR>

Comment

Hi,
                              The car is one one use of internal combustion engines that burn fuel, the others are good.
                              cheers, Michael

Comment

Working...
                              X