The Biodiesel Station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Biodiesel Station

***UPDATE 25/3/06*** The Biodiesel Station now has a website which will have all the latest info on it. This forum will also be used to try and keep you up to date as well, but for latest prices, opening hours etc, go to www.thebiodieselstation.com.
    Robert
    Administrator
    Last edited by Robert; 25 March 2006, 11:28 PM.
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Re: The Biodiesel Station

Lets help Morris by buying the rest of his B50.

I can only fit in half a tank or 20 litres at the moment. I could only get there on a weekday or Sunday or 8AM Saturday.

Do we all need to fill up at the same time?

Comment

I can top up and fill my jerries and a container, could add up to 100L.

My time is pretty flexible.

I used the B50 bowser last Thursday (heard nothing about the closure). It is a high volume bowser. So anyone in the purchasing group with drums should be able to fill a 200L drum in a matter of minutes with very little mess.

If Morris can wait around, I see no reason for everyone to arrive together.
      If your willing Morris, it may require several weekends and a lot of time twiddling your thumbs before you pump everything.

You may be lucky and get a few trucks pull through looking for some cheap fuel!

Good Luck!

Phil

Comment

I think it's probably best if we all try and find a window that we can be there at the same time.
        I've not got the full story on the differences that the operator and Morris had, but I'm guessing that he might not want to spend all day on site waiting for dribs and drabs to turn up.
        Maybe it's time to put out the word to the folk that you know and see if we can organise a B50 day. Cameron - perhaps you want to email your ecoliving-biodiesel list?
        Robert.
        Site Admin.

Comment

I can come on this Friday or Saturday morning, and take approx 60 to 80L of B50.

Andreas

Comment

I will come this friday or saturday and fill up, also bring 200l drum.

let us know the time,

cheers

Geoff

Comment

Originally posted by Robert
              Maybe it's time to put out the word to the folk that you know and see if we can organise a B50 day. Cameron - perhaps you want to email your ecoliving-biodiesel list?
              Hi Robert,
              I am actually about to announce (probably later today when I am back in at work and have access to work computer) a biodiesel workshop followed by a Sydney Biodiesel social get together BBQ at the Ecoliving Centre next month.

As part of a bit of a flurry of other biodiesel activities that I am busy with (in the background) at the moment I can also put a bit of a call out for getting fuel ASAP from Morris. We are also still progressing buying BD (after identifying a hitch and trying to clarify a 'work-around') for the UNSW Fleet. I will look into bumping that forward this week as well and maybe - **maybe** - we might be able to arrange for Morris to deliver a load to our tank at UNSW.

More soon.

Cheers,
              Cameron

Comment

id buy some if it was b100
                also i heard that there was a servo selling it in milperra?
                anyone know where this place is?
                i would probably buy 100l plus fill up the tank in the pajero if i could find some in sydney.
                b100 tho

Comment

hi guys i know im new here but i'd be interested in purchasing some biodeisel, maybe 70-100L or thereabouts. any idea when you can organise to meet him there?

Comment

Morris has just emailed me to say that if we are all serious about turning up and getting some, he will man the pumps for us 9-12am on both Friday and Saturday (17&18 of March 06). Cash only and he'll sell whatever is left. There is a small amount of B100, as I mentioned earlier in this thread, so you may be able to nab some of that.
                    Robert.
                    Site Admin.

Comment

Hi Robert I have a few questions.

I have a 1982 Nissan Patrol 3.3L non-turbo diesel. I'd like to run some biodiesel to see how it goes but I am not going to have the time or funds to change the fuel hoses over (I read on the forums somewhere that rubber is no good) tonight as I am getting it ready for a comp this weekend. Will I still be able to run biodiesel? And would you recommend trying B50? Also I have about 40L of normal diesel in my (long range 160L) tank at the moment. Will that cause any concerns when mixed with the biodiesel?

Sorry for asking all these questions but I'd really like to give it a go.

Comment

4130 Warrior - No need to worry about your hoses yet. The softening effect of biodiesel happens over some time (like years), it's not like you'll lose a hose from one tank's worth (unless your hoses are already about to break or split anyway).
                        I'd fill up with B50, which will end up more like B40 when you've mixed in the remainder from your dino diesel still in the tank.
                        The only thing you may want to consider is keeping a spare fuel filter on hand. With the age of your car and the amount of dino diesel that has been through the tank, it is quite likely that there'll be some dirty dino sludge that is lining the tank and your fuel lines. The biodiesel is an excellent natural solvent and is great at cleaning out this scum. All this sludge can get washed towards your filter and then it blocks. Once you've changed it, your fuel system will be cleaner than it ever was and you should not need to worry about this again (unless it takes a few filter changes, depending on how dirty your system is.)
                        At B40 or B50, the solvent properties will be less, so you may not even get any filter clogging issues, but it is still not a bad idea to carry one and be prepared to change it just in case.
                        I'd say definitely give it a go, your engine will love you for it and so will the planet. You'll wonder how you ever drove without it.
                        Robert.
                        Site Admin.

Comment

Hi,

I can be there tomorrow morning at 9:00am. Please let me know if this is ok.

Andreas

Comment

I believe so, I'll be going there at about 10 or 11 tomorrow too, so I may see some of you down there.
                            Morris did say he'd man the pumps from 9-12 both days, so I'd expect he'd be there.

Cheers,
                            Robert.
                            Site Admin.

Comment

Hi Robert, thanks greatly for your advice. I am now looking forward to running some biodiesel through my system!

Unfortunately I couldn't get away from work this morning and I have to leave early Saturday morning so getting a tank is out for me this time. Hopefully I'll have the opportunity to do so again soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X