Australian Commercial Bioethanol?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australian Commercial Bioethanol?

It seems that the South Australian Farmers Federation are the biggest commercial suppliers of bioethanol in Australia. Is this the case? Does anyone know of other ethanol suppliers, and if there is a map showing suppliers and retail outlets (similar to the maps that have been created in the biodiesel forums)?

Re: Australian Commercial Bioethanol?

I was under the impression that Manildra were the largest producrers of ethanol in Oz.
    I have been wrong before.
    Tony
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
    '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
    '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
    '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

You are probably right - I'm very new to this subject. All I know about Manildra thus far is in regards to Dick Honan and John Howard, and the Taskforce Report. I assume that SAAF would still be in the top 3 ethanol producers? In the Taskforce Report, it is stated that there are only three commercial producers of ethanol in Australia. I wonder if this still holds true?

Comment

I am sure that there are many commercial producers of ethanol in Aust. Most of them only produce the ethanol oin blends to a percentage of between 2 and 45% though Mmmmm.

Tony (Hic!)
        Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
        '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
        '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
        '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
        '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
        '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
        '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
        '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
        '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
        '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
        '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
        '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
        '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
        Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

As far as I know, I think Manildra are producing the highest percentage ethanol blend. It is called Enhance Ethanol E5 and contains 85% ethanol and 15% unleaded petrol. Of course, a biofuel converter is needed. It costs $400. There are probably many commercial producers of low percentage ethanol blends, but there aren't many attempting high percentage blends like Manildra. I could be wrong though.

Comment

It seems there is a serious supply issue in Australia. From conversations I had with a rep at one of the nations largest ethanol manufacturers, they told me that they wouldn't have the capacity to supply the 100 KL I was enquiring about. Apparently a lot of it has to be sourced overseas from places like Brazil, because there simply isn't the local capacity.
            Please click below for info on how you can help the victims of spinal injury, or just spread the word.

Comment

SAFF is a retailer of ethanol blends, not a commercial ethanol producer. While SAFF is working to introduce E85 as a retail fuel, it isn't widely available in Australia yet [due to current fuel standards legislation], but there are millions of vehicles (in USA and Europe) that will run on it. Saab are already promoting a vehicle in Australia that runs on E85.

Currently the biggest commercial manufacturers of ethanol are Manildra (grain starch) and CSR (sugar/molasses). There is also Rocky Point in Qld who also use molasses. Agri Energy are planning to build several ethanol plants in Australia, the first being in Swan Hill (Vic). There are a number of smaller commercial fuel ethanol producers as well, including Tarac (grape marc).

Comment

Working...
              X