Compact DIY Home Bio kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compact DIY Home Bio kit

Hi all, just to let every body know that I am putting together a Home Bio fuel kit ready for sale in about 3 weeks.
    I know there are a lot of DIY people that can put a system together but I have been approached by lots of people that cannot weld or have the facilities or do not have the confidence to start.
    The kit will include all the tanks, mixers,drills,gas ring, pumps and wash gear with full written instructions and email backup for the times when things go wrong!!.all that is needed to buy is the chemicals, The kit will be approx $1500
    The system has been tested and will make 70ltr of good quality Bio at a time. If there are interested people on the list they can contact me through my email.
    I know this sounds a bit commercial but this has come about by my friends and new users pushing me into it. It has been on the drawing board and word processer for a year and finding the cheapest (some recycled pieces) materials to keep it reasonable.
    Cheers Peter (oily)
    </IMG>
    sigpic

Re: Compact DIY Home Bio kit

Good One.
    Please pursue your marketing with all focus.
    I am sure that you will be very happy to see many people approach you.
    Would like see you sell at least 1000 units per year.
    Good job done mate.
    Please keep in mind the overseas market too.But for poor developing countries you probably need to reduce cost or have them made off sore.
    If you are looking at developing quality vendors etc. in India nad China I could give you some help and advise.

Cheers

Comment

Hi Oily and thanks for posting in here. Good to hear that you'll be offering these kits. I think there may be some others out there already doing this as well, but the more the merrier.
      Don't worry about sounding commmercial. I have no problem with people making money from biodiesel. While I'm never asking for any money from this site, I've got no objection to helping people use it to promote biodiesel, so please feel free to post up info on it in here. You can also use this forum if you want for supporting and helping your users out with using your home bio kit.
      You might get a thriving community in here who are all using your kits. The knowledge shared here would then not only benefit you and your users, but everyone else as well.
      I'd also be happy to post an article/some info on your kits on my sydneybiodiesel site as well if you wanted, so if you want to put anything up, either here or there, just let me know.

Cheers,
      Robert.
      Site Admin.

Comment

Hi Peter,
        We would love an article for our newsletter too - Uni of New South Wales Ecoliving Centre.

If you would like to send me a private mail through the site we can chat off line and I can send you my contact details.

Cheers,
        Cameron

Comment

Originally posted by oily
          Hi all, just to let every body know that I am putting together a Home Bio fuel kit ready for sale in about 3 weeks.
          I know there are a lot of DIY people that can put a system together but I have been approached by lots of people that cannot weld or have the facilities or do not have the confidence to start.
          The kit will include all the tanks, mixers,drills,gas ring, pumps and wash gear with full written instructions and email backup for the times when things go wrong!!.all that is needed to buy is the chemicals, The kit will be approx $1500
          The system has been tested and will make 70ltr of good quality Bio at a time. If there are interested people on the list they can contact me through my email.
          I know this sounds a bit commercial but this has come about by my friends and new users pushing me into it. It has been on the drawing board and word processer for a year and finding the cheapest (some recycled pieces) materials to keep it reasonable.
          Cheers Peter (oily)
          </IMG>

hi champ my names alex, im very interested in your processor and would like to have a look at it, have you got a few pictures i could look at.
          thankyou very much.

Comment

Would love to see some photos, very interested!

Originally posted by oily
            Cheers Peter (oily)
            </IMG>

Comment

The Cool Fuel kit comes in two forms- kit A. has the reactor. Full simple instructions and all the gear like pumps ,variable speed mixing stirrer,washing,aerating ,scales,sieves,safety masks,heating ring and equipment with full email support to make 70 to 140 lts Bio Fuel a week, all is needed is the oil and chemicals. This kit is a low $1200 plus GST.
              Kit B is as above but includes an extra wash unit so that you can make more bio, this kit is $1450 plus GST.
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Made from recycled 100pound gas cylinders which are made from high grade steel, this kit is very compact and has been tested to make high grade bio diesel using a special designed mixer . The equipment that comes with the kit, includes-
              Complete instruction manual which is easy to follow,
              2 off measure 1 -10 ml
              Safety full face mask
              Electric drill and pump and hoses
              High power electric variable speed drill and stirrer with attachment to reactor
              Oil sieve and reactor attachment
              Thermometer
              1x20 ltr plastic pail with stirrer hole
              1x 10 ltr plastic pail
              1 off 100ltr quality steel reactor with round bottom
              Gas heating ring and hose
              Water mist spray attachment with timer
              Aerator with hose and pump
              Digital scales
              44 gal manual drum pump with hose
              ---------------------------------------
              As an optional extra 100ltr steel tank for washing

All that is needed is the chemicals and the oil-- full email back up if you get into trouble!!!!
              delivery time is 2-3 weeks 20 % deposit with order
              For more information you can contact me on 02 44485877
              Peter

Robert
              Administrator
              Last edited by Robert; 8 May 2006, 06:47 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Hi Legend
                Good stuff.
                You could look into markets overseas to champ.
                All the best

Comment

whats the latest on these kits??

Comment

Hi Lux
                    The kits are now on their way, there is a bit of a hold up with the transfer pumps but have a few to complet some kits to start with.
                    I have made some and they are being used with no problems, the problem with the mixing with the drill has been overcome.
                    It is a part time hobby so they will be made to order, you can contact me if you want further info.
                    Cheers Oily
                    sigpic

Comment

Good on you Oily,

Its good to see some one is giving it a go, you have done it very well but some cheap improvement could help;
                      • Look into a DC motor or low voltage motor mounted on removable frame as a drill bolted to the side is a bit unprofessional as to with the star pickets welded to the gas tanks.
                      • Check into insurance, dont want to scare you but what happens if someone's house burns down!!. Its just a thought as liability follows me around with every power point I install, car I drive and action made. Maybe someone could advise you on this, good advice is worth paying for, it saves litagation.
                      Good luck and keep going with it...
                      nature fuels
                      Last edited by nature fuels; 25 May 2006, 09:57 PM.
                      Vegetable Fuels PTY LTD

Comment

Re: Compact DIY Home Bio kit nature fuels

Thank you all for the encouragement,
                        I guess I new I was going out on a limb!!!!

I think one should look at the unit and the instructions not just the photo . As for the electric drill on the side of the unit,(there is a very good reason for this ) it is a very strong structure ;detachable, with a high watt variable drill as the mixer. I have had expert advice (since the last comment) on the set up and as it is an enclosed unit when mixing the methoxide and oil and the instructions set the way they are. there is no way it can cause a problem. The same goes with the mixing of methanol and sodium hydroxide, it is a closed process, no fumes.

As to the star pickets as legs they are not dug out of the ground , the star section of the pickets is a very strong steel section , stronger than angle. these have gussets where they are joined to the tank, it is very stable and very strong.

The tanks and all of the equipment have been tested now for nearly a year, the design of the recycled gas cylinder is very suited to mixing bio,

high grade steel and narrow shape with round bottom make it ideal but did give problems with the mixing of the liquid as you can't just put a stirrer in the tank, the liquid will just spin and not mix due to the narrow shape. The kit has a very long mixing shaft and at a special angle, the drills are suited because of the ease of removal of the shaft and the good speed control.
                        I had a comment from the forum on the drill pump that it would last only a few liters my pump has pumped nearly 3000 liters and it is still going strong it will empty 100 ltrs in less than 5 min and doesn't mind bio.

There is a comprehensive instruction manual which has a very large section on safety but was written for the novice ,again this was checked over by professionals .

I think I have come up with an affordable means for the average non handyman to make Bio.I could easy have doubled the price and come up with another system that nobody could afford. Why do we make Bio!!!!!??

I guess the set up looks to simple in the photos that is why the comments like (as a drill bolted to the side is a bit unprofessional as to with the star pickets welded to the gas tanks. !!!!) posted by nature fuels I assure you I have put a lot of study into this (I am a mech engineer in my past life and a potter for the last 36 years with a passion for Vegi oil)

I hope I have explaned it a little better, I will always be looking for ways to improve it and I will always welcome positive suggestions as to the safety !!!! We are dealing with dangerous chemicals , and should follow all the safety recommendations, methonal storage and handling, caustic storage and handling and mixing procedures-----WHY DO WE DO IT----
                        keep the coments comming you can improve on the bad things but you can't improve the good ones.
                        Cheers

Oily
                        sigpic

Comment

Well that sums it up, keep going it sounds like you have covered every base. Be prepared for a swarm of requests for you kit!!
                          Vegetable Fuels PTY LTD

Comment

Biodiesel Man Video
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcKpIB1HYKM
                            Part 1 of 2

Enjoy!

Oily, if you need a small production line, BKK is the place to go.
                            If you need more info, yr welcome to Skype me.
                            Goodonyer, for having a go!
                            Agarwood
                            Biofuels Forum Newbie
                            Last edited by Agarwood; 17 July 2006, 06:44 PM.
                            I intend to live forever, so far, so good

Comment

Agarwood - good video link there, you should post it up in a new thread in the general biodiesel discussion area, very useful for people (newbies) who want to see biodiesel being made.

Oily - how are things progressing? Have you had many enquiries, have many people bought units from you yet? If you need a hand getting together more pictures/diagrams/info etc, just drop me a line and I'd be happy to host a page for you.

Cheers,
                              Robert.
                              Site Admin.

Comment

Working...
                              X