Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planned Downtime

Just a quick note for the forum regulars:

The server that hosts this forum (and many other sites) will be moving on Wednesday 28/2/07. It should only be down for a couple of hours from around 4pm to 6pm AEST.

Once it has been moved to a new datacentre, it will get a new IP address. I will take care of the assignment of these, so you should just see it pop straight back up again, but some of you might be on ISPs who are slow to update their records, so it may take a bit longer.

So, if you see the site go down on Wed arvo, don't worry, it is planned. You will also see melbournebiodiesel.org, brisbanebiodiesel.com, sydneybiodiesel.com and biofuel.org.au disappear for this time as well.

Keep checking back and you should see the site re-appear by the evening.
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Re: Planned Downtime

It's done. The webserver is moved and everything has been assigned to the new address. The move went well and there was less than an hour's downtime, which I'm pleased about.

Hopefully there won't be any more downtime for a long time now.
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Comment

Re: Planned Downtime

Another scheduled outage I'm afraid.

The new datacenter that holds the webserver running this site has scheduled a power outage so they can do some maintenance. They have scheduled it for midnight to 4am on the 16th or March 2007 and I have only just been notified about it. Normally, this would have little impact at that time, however, seeing as the datacentre is in Zurich, this means that it will happen at 10am to 2pm AEST, so more people will notice.
      Do not be concerned if you see the site is unavailable during this time. I will be hovering to wait for the power up to ensure that the site comes back up properly again.

Additionally, the following sites are also hosted on this same server:
      brisbanebiodiesel.com; sydneybiodiesel.com; melbournebiodiesel.org and biofuel.org.au.
      These sites will also be unavailable during the outage.
      Robert.
      Site Admin.

Comment

Working...
      X