Biodiesel Workshop in Mt Gambier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biodiesel Workshop in Mt Gambier

We held a successful Biodiesel Workshop, at Mt Gambier High School on 22nd March 2006, a number of teachers were able to join in for short periods of the day, in a small, poorly ventilated room, on an unseasonally warm day.

Despite the close quarters and high temperatures, everyone's attention was on the subject matter.
    Thanks to Chris Jordan for arranging the venue.
    Here are a few photos of the event.
    Tony From West Oz
    Vice Chairperson of WARFA
    Last edited by Tony From West Oz; 5 April 2006, 02:32 AM.
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
    '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
    '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
    '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Re: Biodiesel Workshop in Mt Gambier

Dear Tony
    when you come to Mount Gambier again I would like to meet you we are about to launch a new facility here in Mount Gambier thats all I can tell you apart for its a very serious facility possibly the largest in the southern hemisphere serious dollars .

Comment

Look forward to seeing more details on this. As Mount Gambier isn't the greatest source of used cooking oil in the southern hemisphere (unless there is something I dont know, but that is likely) is an alternate feedstock being used? Actually we have two chip factories here, but one is closed, so surely not that

Oh yeah and that room which had the presentation it which was really hot in march is now a really cold room.
      Captain Echidna
      Last edited by Captain Echidna; 12 June 2006, 11:15 PM.
      cheers<BR>Chris.<BR>1990 landcruiser 80, 1HD-T two tank, copper pipe HE+ 20 plate FPHE, toyota solenoids and filters. 1978 300D, elsbett one tank system.<BR>

Comment

dear sir
        it is quite obvious you know nothing of this region if you are not happy here leave I have been right around Australia in transport and engineering and have been here now thirteen years and know most of the industries and as per capita the limestone coast , western victoria is second to none in australia so spend some time and get about we send 40% of our production to mccains in ballarat and the saffries potato factory has the biggest storage area in austra lia with not only onsite storage but many private offsite private storage too this also includes Pinnaroo , ororoo.
        Sir as you are representing your self AS AN EDUCATER you need to research a little better within the 300 klm radius we certainly have the largest supply of potatoes. you know why I know this I have a grandson share with the managing director of mccains I have been involved in logistics and engineering for a long period of time out in the real world
        Another point of fact is that SAFF is not involve with the South Australian Farmers Federation that is a false statement it is a Private company whose name is South Australian Farmers Fuels not as stated Federation.

Please we are very factual as can you tell me where else does the continental shelf come so close into the mainland so that super tankers can load and unload in australia answer here and Port hedland WA

Comment

Where have I made a statement on what SAFF stands for? And If you have been in the "real world" where is the other world?
          cheers<BR>Chris.<BR>1990 landcruiser 80, 1HD-T two tank, copper pipe HE+ 20 plate FPHE, toyota solenoids and filters. 1978 300D, elsbett one tank system.<BR>

Comment

CGI, this is a friendly, positive place, so please try to keep it that way, I'm not sure where your comments came from
            Robert.
            Site Admin.

Comment

dear sirs
              we are very fiendly but when inaccuracies one must be quick to set straight the saff statement was not directed at any one in particular but the information given to some one was incorrect .
              we are looking to raise serious money and are puting our money where our mouth is from private enterprise, so far we have raised 2 billion US of the 4 billion required so if you are serious to help constructive criticism is much appreciated. but misinformation is damaging

Comment

Originally posted by CGI BIO FUELS
                dear sirs
                we are very fiendly but
                Well I didn't want to be the one to suggest it. Perhaps a proof read before posting could be constructive criticism? This is my last post on this subject.
                Captain Echidna
                Last edited by Captain Echidna; 14 June 2006, 05:52 PM.

Comment

CGI where did you read the SAFF comment you made, it is interesting.

Comment

I'm really not sure where the SAFF comment came from either. Perhaps it had been read elsewhere in the forums, but I am really not sure why it was posted in this thread. This is a thread about some biodiesel workshops in Mt Gambier, so all I can say is PLEASE people, stick to the topic in the thread you are in, try to post replies in existing threads that are relevant, or post your topic in a new thread. This will make the forums easier to navigate and more helpful to everyone.
                    Robert.
                    Site Admin.

Comment

Working...
                    X