A New Question For Y'all!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A New Question For Y'all!

Greetings once more to all my fellow WVO useres/experimenters,founts of knowledge and all that other flattery stuff.

I have a question, what else is new I hear you all groan, but anyway, here goes.

I have a client who owns and operates a 1996 Hitachi MUEX58 Digger which has a 4 litre Isusu Diesel engine. He, as yet, doesn't know whether or not it is a "Common Rail" diesel so if any one out there happens to know, I too would like to know. My client would like to star using "Geoff's Gourmet Gas" in his digger, since it is about 30% cheaper than dino diesel and smells a lot better. Does anyone see a problem? "Geoff's Gourmet Gas" is a blend of 10-20% petrol and 90-8-% WVO from the formaula/gospel according to David.

Thanks in anticpation of replies

Kind regards as ever
    Geoff Otherside532

Re: A New Question For Y'all!

Ok find the engine. Good. look at the plumbing, there sould be some metal pipes in there. there should be metal pipes running to each injector. If the pipe runs from one injector to the next and has a pipe at each end, and has electrical wires running to the injectors, its common rail.

If the metal pipes run from the injectors to a common part on the side of the engine, and there is rubber pipes connecting them, likely to be an injector pump.

Rough but a guide anyway.
    cheers<BR>Chris.<BR>1990 landcruiser 80, 1HD-T two tank, copper pipe HE+ 20 plate FPHE, toyota solenoids and filters. 1978 300D, elsbett one tank system.<BR>

Comment

Re: A New Question For Y'all!

From the age it seems unlikely,

check out the history on wikipedia, I was told by a diesel mechanic that my '95 benz was common rail, which is wrong
      Common rail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Working...
      X