X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SVO in Canada

HI
    I am the new guy
    just wanted to let you know I drive a 94 7.3 ford turbo diesel 3/4 ton has 95 upgrade fuel filter and water drain valve..and i don,t know what else
    .It does have a separate high press pump in the front accessory drive on the engine..quite large unit
    I run the engine last summer on 100% vegi oil 50 % 2 yrs prior
    ..when the snow appeared on the ground and the temp dropped to 0 at night I decided it was time to change over before low viscosity did me in
    ..the truck ran fine this winter on regular diesel in -40 below temp here in winnipeg manitoba canada ( at -40 the vegi oil was solid block in my trailer aquarium tank)
    I have been planing a diesel vehicle heater to warm my engine compartment , glycol/antifreeze, and cab and separate vegi tank..and have most of the parts but not enough time..great site..
    I have to say you guys are so far ahead of the game..here in Manitoba Canada there are only a handful trying to use it..( using canola recycled french fries oil )
    ..maybe I said too much mainly wanted to convey the the 100% vegi oil use..all I know is had alot of compliments on my clean oil recovery
    Robert
    Administrator
    Last edited by Robert; 15 March 2007, 12:57 PM. Reason: Moved into new thread in correct place

Re: SVO in Canada

Hi pistonrings,

Welcome to the forum, and boy I'm glad I don't have to deal with your 40 below temps. Does your truck have a block heater fitted, doesn't sound like it? They are readily available on evilbay (USA) and that would help your cold starts. I know they come as standard in most vehicles in Edmonton.

Anyway your cold weather experiences would be welcome here if you have the time.

cheers, Michael

Comment

Working...
    X