Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.8lt hilux

giday all,
    Here are some pics of my 2.8lt 1994 hilux conversion, the tank, filter, lines are heated and there is a 200 watt electric pre heater just before the ip, this ute has done 20,000 trouble free kms, my 03 powerstroke is going strong at 55,000km, if any of you blokes need a kick arse pump for veggie oil i iam importing them from a friend in the states, check out the vegistroke website Home, he has a special kit for a powerstroke as well as alot of conversion goodies.
    ps i will take some pics of the pre heater and solenoids next week when the ute is in the factory

cheers mark
    aussie bloke
    Last edited by aussie bloke; 17 March 2007, 09:35 PM.
    2003 F250 powerstroke 100,000km
    3 cly deutz diesel
    2 cly deutz diesel
    1994 2.8lt hilux 50,000km

Re: 2.8lt hilux

giday all,
    Here are some more pics of the plumbing and solenoids
    3 cly deutz diesel
    2 cly deutz diesel

Comment

very cool mate i have a 2.4 hilux that i am trying to sort out to run, both
      systems

Comment

Giday mate,
        Im up to 60,000km on the powerstroke and about 25,000km on the hilux, i have sorted out the issues with v.o, if you need some advice, just ask.

cheers mark
        3 cly deutz diesel
        2 cly deutz diesel

Comment

do you heat your oil in the tank before it goes to the engine, and do you still run with diesel??

Comment

giday mate,
            I heat my tank, filter, lines, also there is a 200 watt electric heater for cold starts, this speeds up the change over and always makes sure the oil is a minimum of 80c when changing over, i have seen some conversions which haven't got enough heat in the oil, if your'e exhaust is smoking even slightly the oil isn't hot enough, you won't do your'e engine any favours if you don't heat the oil enough and purge when shutting down.

Both of my vehicles don't smoke at all, you wouldn't know that their on w.v.o except for the fish and chips smell, as for running on diesel, only 5 minutes after start up and 2 minutes before shut down.

cheers mark
            aussie bloke
            Last edited by aussie bloke; 12 May 2007, 06:59 PM.
            3 cly deutz diesel
            2 cly deutz diesel

Comment

Here are some more pictures
              3 cly deutz diesel
              2 cly deutz diesel

Comment

i was thinking or runniing a heat exchanger in the engine bay, tapped in to the radiator system, to heat the oil, the heat exchanger is about 2 or 2 1/2 litre capacity do you reckon this whould be enough??, i will also run a 6 way valve to switch between diesel and oil??
                thanks mike

Comment

giday mike,
                  Some people think just running through a heat exchanger is enough, i have my doubts, sure the vehicle will run ok, but the ones i have seen still puff a bit of smoke even worse if stopped for 5 minutes, if you convert your'e vehicle the same as my hilux it will never give you ploblems, i can shut the engine down for 20 minutes and it still wont smoke because of all the heat soke in the lines and filter, i have spent $10,000 on my two conversions most of that went on the powerstroke because it is more high tech with its huei injection system, go the extra yard and heat as much as possible, you will be better off in the long run.

cheers mark
                  3 cly deutz diesel
                  2 cly deutz diesel

Comment

cool, my idea was start up on diesel, and wait untill she gets to
                    temperature, and then via soloniods switch over to wvo

How hot do you run yor system?? and where do you get your heat blankets??
                    mike

Comment

Where did you get your 200w heater?

Comment

I don't use a heat blanket, just a heated and insulated tank, lines, and a billet pre heater, the filter on the hilux is heated with coolant, the electric heater can be purchased from gk electrical in bowen hills, it has its own control box, which has a circut breaker and thermostat inside.

Here is a picture of the tank in the powerstoke its a 400mm billet
                        aussie bloke
                        Last edited by aussie bloke; 14 May 2007, 10:50 PM.
                        3 cly deutz diesel
                        2 cly deutz diesel

Comment

If you blokes nees anything for veggie conversion, i can get it in for you locally or out of the states, i finaly have a pump what can handle hot veggie oil, its a fass pump which is just about indestructable, i have spent close to $2,500 on pumps that didn't work, the fass pump does not stop, it would be an over kill for a hilux, but maybe a landcruiser would be ok, the pump is 80 psi and you can't stop it.
                          Im not interested in putting a profit on the goods, i will sell them for what i pay, maybe down the track i will look at specific kit for vehicles and a profit, i make enough money in my other businesses.

cheers mark
                          aussie bloke
                          Last edited by aussie bloke; 14 May 2007, 11:09 PM.
                          3 cly deutz diesel
                          2 cly deutz diesel

Comment

Working...
                          X