Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a Diesel Sedan or Hatch (melb)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a Diesel Sedan or Hatch (melb)

Hi All,

I'm looking for a small to medium passenger Diesel. I know the choices are limited. But if any one in the melbourne area knows of any vehicles could you please contact me.

Cheers

J

Re: Looking for a Diesel Sedan or Hatch (melb)

When I was looking for my wife's Peugeot, every time I checked on the tradingpost, or drive.com.au, all the good ones were in Melbourne.
    Not sure of your budget, but I'd recommend a Peugeot 405, 406, or 306 - they can all be found with diesel engines. Peugeot are one of the few manufacturers to offer diesel passenger cars in Australia. Most others will only be 4WDs.
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Comment

You could try Citroen as well. They are part of Peugeot and use the same engines. They look like good value as secondhand cars because they depreciate quickly after their initial sale. My impression is that Peugeots retain their value better in the secondhand market.

I've also been looking for a non-4WD family wagon and settled on the C5 HDi wagon. Trouble is, they are a bit expensive, a little under-powered but what fuel economy! (I'm still in the market for one if anyone's interested in selling)

Cheers
      'Flubber'

Comment

Not saying you should to buy from the site, but of you have a look you can see whats availble. From here you can ring dealers and ask what they have, be wary on your wording, as you may get a "sorry just sold it, but we have other great cars" as you walk in the showroom.
        If you try carsales.com.au and do an advanced search, you can put in what you want (cost, miles engine size) and leave blank what you dont specify, and see what it comes up with. There will also be VW, fiats, citroen, grey inport japanese, pugs etc.

You will probably want to check either fwd or rwd as not to get 4wds
        cheers<BR>Chris.<BR>1990 landcruiser 80, 1HD-T two tank, copper pipe HE+ 20 plate FPHE, toyota solenoids and filters. 1978 300D, elsbett one tank system.<BR>

Comment

Thanks Guys,

All great suggestions.

Robert:

Have you had much trouble with the landrover?

Cheers

J

Comment

Originally posted by jamard View Post
            Robert:

Have you had much trouble with the landrover?
            No, no biodiesel problems at all. However, parts for it are arrogantly expensive and 99% of the time are not available aftermarket. This is probably true with most European cars, but I had a few bad run-ins with Land Rover that soured my experience. If I had to judge the car objectively, I'd say it's been pretty good. Great fuel economy for a 4WD (7.5L/100kms).

I'm either buying a Peugeot 407 or a Mazda 6 Diesel this time around though.

Cheers,
            Robert.
            Site Admin.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
              No, no biodiesel problems at all. However, parts for it are arrogantly expensive and 99% of the time are not available aftermarket. This is probably true with most European cars, but I had a few bad run-ins with Land Rover that soured my experience. If I had to judge the car objectively, I'd say it's been pretty good. Great fuel economy for a 4WD (7.5L/100kms).

I'm either buying a Peugeot 407 or a Mazda 6 Diesel this time around though.

Cheers,

Hmmm Yup i used to have a jag before going to Bio. Parts were bloody hard to come by and mechanics charged like a wounded bull.

Might have to scope out the pugs..

cheers

J

Comment

James you MUST concider this one, I have just called the guy and its (MB300D sedan) only got 100k on the clock and aparently in great nick, An absolute bargain for $2000, two grand , make an offer , OK so you'd have to fly to Sydney, (meet with our Sydney brothers and sisters for a laugh and a beer) , and drive it back to sMelbs, but why not, I wish i had the cash and hadn't already bought my 300D. (Ipaid three times that for mine and its got half a Million on the clock)
                Cheers mate Daz.

Comment

And this one in Vic?
                  eBay Australia: 1976 Mercedes Benz sedan 300D auto diesel motor. white (item 190092210614, end time 23-Mar-07 14:06:19 AEDST)

Comment

Originally posted by darren leonadas View Post
                    An absolute bargain for $2000, two grand
                    I spoke to them and they actually want $3000 for it.
                    Sean

Comment

Thanks All

Comment

Working...
                      X