New to biodiesel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to biodiesel

Hi just wondering if anyone can help me? im interested in using BD but not got a clue about it. Can anyone tell me how i can change my 306 hdi to run on BD. are there kits that you can buy or garages that you can go to to change it? i live in Wales uk btw

thanks in advance

Re: New to biodiesel

Firstly, you don't need to change anything (except perhaps your fuel filter once in a while) to run on biodiesel. Biodiesel will run in any diesel engine unmodified.

This is different to running your car on vegetable oil (SVO = Straight Vegetable Oil, or WCO = Waste Vegetable Oil), which does require a conversion.

The search function in this forum, or google are your friend, but we're a pretty friendly bunch in here as well.

This is an Australian Forum, but there are a fair few people from the Northern Hemisphere in here too. I have seen someone post up this link to biodiesel suppliers in the UK too which may help.
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Comment

Just to clarify matters, AL.

Biodiesel is chemically altered vegetable oil known as a Methy Ester. It seems that some people in the UK often regard a 50:50 blend of Diesel and Vegetable oil as BD because of the organic content! It is not!
      Also in cooler climes, BD (and Veg Oil, too) can sometimes have issues with gelling and solidifying, and it could be a wise investment to consider a fuel line heater to keep the fuel clear and liquid.
      Cheers.
      Mazda's Secret Service motto: "Tell 'em nothing, charge 'em double".

Comment

thx 4 your help. ill do some more serching any thing you could add would be helpfull thanks alec 1

Comment

Working...
        X