Can't find a bio-diesel car!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't find a bio-diesel car!

After reading etc, my wife and I decided we would buy a diesel station wagon (I am against 4WD's in the city). However, all of them have said that they can only run on 5% bio-diesel and not the Gull B20!!

This is ridiculous. Does anyone know of a bio-diesel wagon we can run the Gull B20 on?

Daniel.

Re: Can't find a bio-diesel car!

You'll find that they will also run on B100, but the manufacturers here have done absolutely no testing of this themselves, so they just fall back to the safest answer - B5. If I were to have asked the manufacturers of my vehicles, they would say the same thing. The truth is that I run on B100 without any problems at all.

Perhaps a Peugeot 307 station wagon would suit you best - Peugeot here say that they are OK with up to B30, so if you want a manufacturer's blessing, that's about the only place you'll get it.
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Comment

We ended up buying a Mazda 6.. Peugeot said .... 5%!! Anyways.. where can we buy B100 in WA? We may as well go the whole hog if were going to invalidate the warranty on a new car!

Daniel.

Comment

Snaggs,
        You didn't wait very long for a reply to your question. You must have been in a dire need to purchase a new car.
        B100 in Perth
        Look up Bioworks in the phone book, or just visit their web site Welcome to BioWorks and you will be able to buy B100 from them in 20 litre and larger containers.
        In Miidvale, a bloke called Rob Penfold is seling around 3KL of biodiesel a month. I can provide contact details on request.
        Or
        Join the WA Renewable Fuels Association and learn to make your own.
        Contact me on 0428 920 881 to discuss your options.

Regards,
        Tony
        Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
        '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
        '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
        '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
        '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
        '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
        '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
        '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
        '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
        '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
        '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
        '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
        '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
        Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Originally posted by snaggs View Post
          We ended up buying a Mazda 6.. Peugeot said .... 5%!! Anyways.. where can we buy B100 in WA? We may as well go the whole hog if were going to invalidate the warranty on a new car!

Daniel.
          Funny how Peugeot say 5% here when the same cars in Europe get their blessing at 30%.
          They have said B30 is OK here as well, I guess it depends who you talk to.

Good luck with the Mazda - nice car, I test drove one a while ago and I might even buy one in the next few months.
          Robert.
          Site Admin.

Comment

I recently bought a Peugeot 307HDi and a quick read of the manual says it is ok to run on B30.

I run it on Gull B20 since this is the only readily available blend in Perth. No problems with B20 at all.

Ross

Comment

Working...
            X