Air Pumps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Pumps

I need an air pump. Not the type you stick into an aquarium but one that can pump around 2000lts a minute, constantly 24/7.

Does anybody have any contacts or know where I might find one locally.

Have so far only been able to get a lead on one out of China.

Any and all leads appreciated.
    Slippery
    Small steps taken one at a time.

Re: Air Pumps

2000 litres a minute is not particularly high volume any number of aircond handling plant and extraction units will do it. Think commercial evaporative cooling systems. This may not be what you need but it would really help us to help you if you told us what it was for.
    Michael

Comment

some of these Air Blowers might do the job.

Comment

Thanks Michael,
        The air pump is to pump air and Co2 through the algae medium. It needs to feed into a 25 cm poly pipe and from there to a 6cm rubber tube attached to a venturi.

Qwala,
        Those are the same models as I found out of China so thank you for that, I can take a run over to Beenleigh and take a closer look.
        Slippery

Comment

OK, I can see where you are heading now. If you haven't done so already and before spending dollars, do an energy audit on the proposed algae growing system. It may turn out to be energy pos, neg or neutral.
          A simple kilowatt in to kilowatt out cal. will do at this stage, so you can ignore the energy input used in creating the system. Include solar energy inputs as this will be where you make the 'free' gains.
          May save you a lot of time $$ and effort, or spur you on.

Michael

Comment

Thats the whole point of experimenting. You do not know the kilowatts out until you have put the kilowatts in. I have some thoughts on what I would like to get out and that is enough to spur me on at the present.

As I have already said elsewhere, I may crash and burn with this but at least I have tried.Being a selfish capitalist, I am attempting to do the impossible through my own efforts, with my own cash and then cannot blame anybody else if it bombs.
            Slippery
            Last edited by Slippery; 3 April 2007, 06:54 PM.
            Slippery

Comment

Hi Slippery
              Try Wilden Pumps.I think TKL/Flowserve are their dealers in Australia.
              And dont worry about the money you blow up.It's only money.Best things in life are for free.It's about collective happiness.Then I am just an aging hippy getting wiser.
              With regards to pumping CO2 for your alage farm.Mate I will be pumping the total out of C02 from our 100 million gallons per annum bio ethanol refinery over a distance of about 20 kms for race ways ponds that we are developing for growing alage. .
              It quiet ok to be a nerd (the in think mate).So go forth and try all eventualities.
              If you can dream it ...You can do it.

Cheers
              Sauman

Comment

Oops.
                Forgot to share that we are working on a few growth enzymes(not the kinds WWF boys use) but some thing that can do similar stuff to stimulate in situ generation of C02.The idea being that the generation is controlled by the factor :Generate as much C02 needed as much as the plantation demands.No waste syndrome.
                Or a self mutating series,that mutates and adjusts as per demands.
                More as we get there.!!!.

Cheers
                Sauman

Comment

Working...
                X