Big Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Question

I'm new to this Forum and am uneducated in the ways of Biodiesel.

Statement: Here in the States most Utlitly companies are required to participate in "net Metering". Basically stating they have to pay you for any extra power you produce that goes back into the grid, whether residential or commercial.

Question: I have access to a consistent and sizable source of WVO so what would keep me from buying a couple of diesel generators, hooking them up to my home grid, and producing way more power than I consume? I mean is that even possible? On paper you could possibly make alot of money exchanging every Watt for anywhere between 20 to 80 cents. I would really appreciate someone helping me out. Or if I'm totally in the place for this, directing me to the correct location.

Re: Big Question

Its already been considered and the math run to see if it works.

It does not work..

Biodiesel, waste oil heating, do it yourself.

Comment

would it work if you already had the diesel generators? or is the payback of electricity outweighed by the maintenance costs?
      Please click below for info on how you can help the victims of spinal injury, or just spread the word.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianSterling View Post
        I'm new to this Forum and am uneducated in the ways of Biodiesel.

Statement: Here in the States most Utlitly companies are required to participate in "net Metering". Basically stating they have to pay you for any extra power you produce that goes back into the grid, whether residential or commercial.

Question: I have access to a consistent and sizable source of WVO so what would keep me from buying a couple of diesel generators, hooking them up to my home grid, and producing way more power than I consume? I mean is that even possible? On paper you could possibly make alot of money exchanging every Watt for anywhere between 20 to 80 cents. I would really appreciate someone helping me out. Or if I'm totally in the place for this, directing me to the correct location.
        G Day Brian
        You being in the states and with the hoopla going around.I would suggest that why dont you work out the economics and if feasable.Meaning you get a few Bob after your troubles(Dont forget to factor in the running dramas and costs).
        This could act as a huge publicity stunt.Thats if you not afraid of those poking rather rude jurnos and mate you could make a few bob here too.
        Give it a shot mate.Like we say in the great southern land.Only in da states.
        Go for it man.Do some research and sharing an old Aussie saying"You never never know,till you never never go".
        All the best.
        Cheers
        Sauman

Comment

Brian,

This being an Australian based forum, I reckon you would be better off joining BioDieselNow - Renewable diesel biofuel and posing your question there.

Or you could contact Marc at Home
          I know Marc already does cogeneration and pumps power back into the grid.

I also recommend you read all the "newbie" threads you see and find out more about biodiesel in general.

Cheers and good luck.
          Slippery
          Small steps taken one at a time.

Comment

Working...
          X