Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Availability of butanol

Hello all!

I was wondering where I could get hold of some butanol. I'd like to give it a go in my water injection system but am unsure where to get it. Anyone have any sources?

Re: Availability of butanol

Hey Tom,

I rang Glendale Packageing about some solvents yesterday and they have isobutanol if that is any good to you.

You can find it on their website here.

I rang and got prices on:
    Metho @ $45+ for 20L
    Turps @ $50 for 20L and
    Kero @ $50 for 20L.

Bloody expensive if you ask me and I was told these were " special" prices. If the bird was doing me a favour, I'd hate to think what she puts on the stuff normally!

I don't know if the isobutanol is and good for you ( or in fact what it actually is!) but maybe they could put you on to someone that has what you need of this is no good.

Weren't you distilling your own alcohol for the injection?
    Have you got the pride and joy back yet?

Comment

Re: Availability of butanol

Hi David!

Many thanks for the link! I'll give them a call today and ask about isobutanol.

You're quite right - I am distilling my own ethanol for the water injection system, as well as to make rum and such! It's been quite a success so far! I did a run with it last week and got very good ethanol as a result.

You won't believe this, but I still haven't got my Peugeot back! I'm still waiting on some gudgeon clips to arrive from France. I was pretty keen to get the car back, but now that I read the Biodiesel Station is re-opening I'm even more keen! I can't wait to buy some B100!

Thanks again for the link David.

Comment

Working...
      X