alternative fuel literature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alternative fuel literature

new guy here.i live in america in alabama and i would like to get literature about alternative fuels.im interested in ways to increase my communities awareness and maybe going into alternative fuel business.i would also like to find a way to either find or build a commuter vehicle to help community awareness by being able to show how it can be done. any help that can be offered is appreciated. i dont know of anything in alabama that has hit the market yet.

Re: alternative fuel literature

Hi Sleeper, Welcome to the forum.

This being an Aussie forum we would not generally know what happens in ol' Alabama. You would do better to join either or both BioDieselNow - Renewable diesel biofuel or/and Home.

Yahoo groups - try searching biodiesel - may be another avenue.

Good luck. All forums have members with diverse backgrounds and experience so don't be shy about posting questions here anytime. I have learnt heaps by asking advice on as many forums as I have found. You will often get differing tacks on the same question.
    Slippery
    Last edited by Slippery; 24 April 2007, 02:21 PM.
    Slippery
    Small steps taken one at a time.

Comment

The correct URL for the Infopop Biodiesel Forums is - http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/eve/forums
      You will also get a lot of information at theCollaborative Biodiesel Tutorial Website

I hope this helps,
      Tony
      Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
      '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
      '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
      '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
      '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
      '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
      '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
      '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
      '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
      '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
      '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
      '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
      '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
      Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

thanks yall.didnt know i was in the aussie forum.i appreciate the links and the help.as usual we americans are behind the times on things.would it be ok to peek back in here every now and then?

Comment

Sleeper,
          Pleasee do call in occasionally, or post regularly, we are happy to help anyone, even those on the 'tuther side of the wurld.
          Regards,
          Tony
          Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Previous Vehicles:
          '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
          '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)

Comment

may i ask how everyone got involved in alternative fuel here and if you have a vehicle that runs off it how you got it?

Comment

Hi Sleeper,

Met a chap last August who was putting together a business proposal to build a small biodiesel plant and I joined the group, formed a company and we are now looking for a suitable site to build the plant.

I knew zilch about Bd and started researching it on the web. Seek and ye shall find. There is a ton of stuff freely avaliable if you have the time and inclination to look it all up.

Oil from Algae caught my fancy and I am actively pursuing methods of commercial production.
              Slippery

Comment

Originally posted by Slippery View Post

Oil from Algae caught my fancy and I am actively pursuing methods of commercial production.
                I just dont see that happening on a home-brew scale.

Where do you plan to get the CO2 from?

Biodiesel, waste oil heating, do it yourself.

Comment

From Perrier of course.

Previous Vehicles:

Comment

so what does everyone think of other alternative fuel vehicles such as plug in and solar powered?

Comment

Originally posted by Murphy2000 View Post
                      I just dont see that happening on a home-brew scale.

Where do you plan to get the CO2 from?
                      Hi Murphy. I am still building a PBR and will run a series of experiments, one of them will be to see how small a unit I can produce that will allow a backyarder, or maybe a co-op to grow their own stock.

Included as part of those experiments will be playing with air and Co2 injection - Co2 from compressed gas supplier. It may turn out to expensive but we will never never know if we never never go.
                      Slippery

Comment

Originally posted by Slippery View Post
                        Hi Murphy. I am still building a PBR and will run a series of experiments, one of them will be to see how small a unit I can produce that will allow a backyarder, or maybe a co-op to grow their own stock.

Included as part of those experiments will be playing with air and Co2 injection - Co2 from compressed gas supplier. It may turn out to expensive but we will never never know if we never never go.
                        I couldn't agree more.. I'm involved in my own research..
                        From my own perspective, C02 in this case is like methanol making biodiesel.. If you can't get it, you can't make biodiesel..

Well, some quick research says the algae will work.. but, it requires that darn c02 to work correctly or you would need a HUGE area to get a decent volume.. (Think 10,000 times larger at atmospheric levels from what I can figure.) I'm certainly no expert so my numbers may be junk but my preliminary reading is leading me down this path..

So, this brings us to the main subject again.. Finding C02.. How freaking silly is it that the #1 greenhouse gas we are trying to limit is the part that could throw a monkey wrench into the whole project because we can't get it? That's so ironic I want to puke..

I'm trying to find out how much C02 the average home heating furnace will produce.. This is a major source..

will C0 (carbon monoxide) cause a problem? Does anyone know ? I wonder if it has to be removed from the C02 before bubbling it into the algae.

I really think algae reactors piped to the exhaust of large industrial C02 emitters are the key to our fuel future for both biodiesel and power plants.. But home scale is going to be difficult..

Biodiesel, waste oil heating, do it yourself.

Comment

To me, the future for the car, if it has any future, is compressed air.

Comment

maybe look into whatever it is iceworks use to make dry ice. Could be a source for CO2 if the production method isn't too energy intensive (I'm thinking it's some kind of high pressure freezing aparatus.)

There is work afoot this side of the island researching oil from algae.

Science Network WA :: Science News Archive

http://www.scientificambitalia.org/b...ssets/f482.pdf
                            TroyH
                            Last edited by TroyH; 3 May 2007, 06:02 PM. Reason: extra link
                            Please click below for info on how you can help the victims of spinal injury, or just spread the word.

Comment

Working...
                            X