Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corporate sponsorship of biodiesel: possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corporate sponsorship of biodiesel: possible?

This is for the Aussies out there. Has anybody approached the large scale fast food companies about getting them to make biodiesel, or to donate their oil to the cause. I think it would be a great idea to contact McDonalds, KFC, Burger King and any other fast food chain and talk to them about that possibility. I would pitch from a Page Ranking angle. They already have a crap name in the media because of movies like super size me and fast food nation, so asking them to donate their used cooking oil, or even better setting up some sort of biodiesel manufacturing (or at least sponsoring it) would do wonders for their name. Would it be a total cop out, would they still continue to generate wads of rubbish etc? Yes...but I think if you can start to get corporates onside the games half won.

You would have to find out how many biodiesel (or willing to change to ) users were in your city or area, show the fast food companies a working car and work out some sort of deal. They have to pay to cart the stuff off after they use it anyway, why not spend that money on turning it into fuel, which they can then run around telling people how wonderful they are. Maybe if there is somebody in the area thats already good at making their own biodiesel, you get them to sponsor that person, by donating oil, and helping with purchasing equipment, or helping to set-up some sort of mini-production.

Thinking of Brisbane, you would only need a few "biodiesel stations" throughout the city. I would be willing to drive a few suburbs away, if it meant that I could top up the tank and drive away with some extra biodiesel in some jerry cans or whatever. Especially with diesel cars, its not like you have to top up so often anyway.

Maybe I'm just a dreamer, but I dont think it would be that hard to pitch to some of these companies. Show them some figures, and especially if you can show them that it would cost less to sponsor the biodiesel community than it is to dump it somewhere, I bet they would be sold.

They already show you on their trays some of the farmers they have, why not a biodiesel maker.
Working...
X