The Biodiesel Station Reopens!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Biodiesel Station Reopens!

For those of you who have been eagerly awaiting an easier means to get biodiesel, it's finally happened.

I've just been told that The Biodiesel Station in Marrickville will be reopening to the public as of tomorrow (28/4/07).

There will be B100, B50, B20 and E10 available. It will be open from 10am to 4pm on Saturday, and again on Monday from 8am to 6pm.

The station is still missing a few finishing touches, and will have a more formal opening in May, but for now, at least it's pumping biodiesel!
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Re: The Biodiesel Station Reopens!

Robert,
    Thanks for the update. I will visit it in the next fre days for some B100.
    George

Comment

Great news Robert, well done Morris.
      Patience all around has been required...

Comment

Best news Ever!

Well done Morris. Just wish it was somewhat closer but hey can't always have everything I spose!
        Dave

Comment

Ooh, nice timing! My fuel warning light came on tonight.

At least one drought has been broken. Finally, relief for literally tens of Sydney motorists out there who have been without biodiesel for as many as two whole weeks.

But seriously, it's definitely been worth the wait.

Comment

Went for a cruise out their last week.
            Saw the signs up etc.

Got the email today from Morris, and it's great news.

Comment

I am going to head out there today and get a tank full of nice juicy B100

Comment

The Biodiesel Station Reopens!

I filled up today, full tank for the Citroen C5 and 3 extra Jerry Cans.

Thank you Morris and Mr. Frank for your effort to get the Station open again.

Comment

more waiting as the guy in front of me filled his vehicle and 2 x 220 litres drums.
                  But the smile on Morris' face was worth it (and so was filling up with B100 from the bowser!!!)

cheers,

Comment

I wonder what sort of turn out Morris had.
                    He did seem pleased with things, though he looked pretty tired.

Cameron (or anyone else) do you recall what Morris said he was going to be selling, instead of the B50/B20 blends in future?

Comment

Originally posted by Oldboy View Post
                      I wonder what sort of turn out Morris had.
                      He did seem pleased with things, though he looked pretty tired.

Cameron (or anyone else) do you recall what Morris said he was going to be selling, instead of the B50/B20 blends in future?
                      He was definitely pleased as punch but tired - standing there drilling things onto his sign in the rain but seemed more than happy to be doing it! He hadn't been able to get the pumps certified until 12:30 the night before - if you don't want to see a Texan cry then don't ask him about the pump face panels or the sand blaster ...

Yep he said that in winter he wasn't going to bother selling B100 (or didn't want the hassle of clowns coming back and complaining was more the point) and also that he is trying to get hold of the 'flexfuel' which is about 40-50% bio from memory. I am sure that it has been discussed on the forum somewhere at some stage.... it fully complies with Australian diesel specs so he wouldn't even need to bother selling it as biodiesel. Fully compliant and that is that.

Anyway if/when he can get hold of the flexfuel the lower blends may get the flick so it would be flex or B100. Suits me just fine.

Also I had a good look around the the workshop to the side of the fuel bowser area looks good, clean, well equipped and professional.

Tyre & wheel sales and servicing is going to be big for them too as well as all mechanical work. Morris gave them a huge rap in regards to their committment to customer service so it is nice to have that in Sydney from a crew that also have a comittment to providing biofuels.

I am planning to go back this week and get a spare tyre repaired and a wheel alignment.

Anyone else out there that woudl like to support the availability of **quality** biodiesel in Sydney and that needs wheels, tyres or mechanical work done might also consider going in and having a chat with them.

Cameron
                      ps nice delica Oldboy!

Comment

Ok I am going to ask the Obvious question.

What was the Opening price for B100?

And guess what I will be driving in that way for the next couple of weeks so it might be B100 for me from there as well as long as I can time it correctly.
                        Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Jacka View Post
                          Ok I am going to ask the Obvious question.

What was the Opening price for B100?

And guess what I will be driving in that way for the next couple of weeks so it might be B100 for me from there as well as long as I can time it correctly.
                          It was 120.something from memory. Cheaper than the other blends (from memory)

Comment

Cameron,

Thanks!

Yep, $1.20 for B100.

Comment

A picture is worth a thousand words, so here's a couple.

I was quite happy with the quality of the setup there this time. When it was last open, the bowsers were quite old and tired, but this time, they've all been redone. I was most impressed with the big filters prominently fitted on each bowser, that fills me with confidence that my own filter will have to do less work.

I also met Peter (son of Frank) who was running the till in between the workshop out the back and he was quite friendly and enthusiastic (which makes a pleasant change from some other servos that have been pumping unknown blends of bio ). I'd like to see some sort of package deal being done with the workshop offering filter checks/changes, or fitting of aftermarket CAV filters for consumer confidence.

Please note, the prices displayed in these photos were as of 30/4/07, so they may not be the same when you see them. I did note that the BP servo on the Princes Hwy as I headed back into the City had dino diesel selling for 130.9c, so B100 was exactly 10c less.
                              Robert.
                              Site Admin.

Comment

Working...
                              X