Biodiesel Outlets In Sydney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biodiesel Outlets In Sydney

Where are the biodiesel outlets in Sydney? Can someone out there please update this thread for the benefit of all members? Do any members 'sell' home-made biodiesel tax free? Just want to buy the stuff NOW not wait to build my own refinery.

Re: Biodiesel Outlets In Sydney

Hi Wazza,

Yes, there are outlets in Sydney, have a look at the biodiesel finder map (or click on the link at the right of the links bar at the top). (But be careful, people have put locations of Volume Plus servos in there, but there have not been good reports from them - search this forum on "volume plus" to learn more).

I've moved your thread out of the general discussion forum and into the NSW/buying biodiesel section, where it should be.

Now, as for where to get biodiesel, you may be lucky to find some home brewers willing to share/sell, but that would be technically illegal, so I'm sure no one would post a response here, but you might be lucky to get a private message from someone.

I buy my biodiesel from The Biodiesel Station, which recently re-opened in Marrickville. There is also a community project which is still a long way from getting off the ground, but it is nearby you, so you may be interested.
    Robert
    Administrator
    Last edited by Robert; 17 May 2007, 02:16 PM.
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Comment

I have the same frame of mind as Wazza. If anybody out there makes good qaulity Biodiesel and finds that they have extra to sell. Please PM especially if you live near the Westmead area.
      al

Comment

Hi Guy’s,

New to the forum and new to the idea of BioDiesel too, but like many other here on this forum, the current price of fossil diesel and the possibility of reduced wear and tear on engine components makes BioDiesel and attractive alternative.

As Volume Plus at Vineyard would be my closest outlet, just wondering if anyone knows if they still sell BioDiesel there?

Cheers

Grant

Comment

Hey JAFO

If you search around on the website you can read heaps about Volume Plus. Just put Volume plus in the search thingy,everything I read till know is a bit scary. Me wouldn't put their stuff in my car judging from the bad stories some blokes put up here. If you want to get B20 try calling or emailing Enhance fuel,they also have heaps of information on their diesel and ethanol product (Just keep reciepts incase thigns go wrong). Just get the location of their nearest purchaser/outlet to you. One thing though Bio is actually cheap unless you can get some bloke here to sell you their extras or BEST to make your own. The marrickville station raising their price along with the Dino diesel (average 10-15 cents lest than dino) weekly. I asked them why and they stated grain cost,but wait they use mainly tallow. Really low if you ask me. So In fustration I just started making my own. Even if you buy from some blokes here that are willing to sell to you they sell a bit lower than marrickville station,WITHOUT the gaurantee of qaulity. In short Green isn't as cheap as you think.

Become indepenedent from the whole lot.Some good blokes on this site though that you can learn heaps from.
          Alex

Comment

Thanks Alex,

Will keep reading around here and learning

Comment

Hi Jafo
              Vineyard volume plus has closed.
              I live near there, Kenthurst, and work near Marickville, and have been picking up Bio there for like minded folk near by. Happy to pick some up for you too if you want. Also looking to start making some here at my place, probably set up in the next few weeks. Happy to involve as many folk as would like to be involved, as i see this as social and environmental.
              Send me a PM if interested or call me 0415 476 474
              Carl

Comment

Hi Carl

Great work. I saw your email stating your willingness to pick up bio and distribute, thats really nice of you to do that. When you get your plant going I like to keep in touch, methinks you would be a great learning buddy.
                Alex

Comment

Working...
                X