Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peugeot 307 and Biodiesel

Ladies and Gents,

Wanting to know how other Peugeots have run on Biodiesel? Was it from home stock or commercially purchased?

all information welcome

P307

Re: Peugeot 307 and Biodiesel

I ran my 307 on ~B30 until 2500km, and B100 since then (now up to 5400km thanks to a trip to Melbourne and back). I get my B100 primarily from the Biodiesel station in Marrickville, Sydney. I've also bought it from Volume Plus (though the blend was all over the shop) and I just burned a tankfull from SAFF in Boronia, Melbourne.

There's something awfully nice about filling the car with bio here in Sydney, driving to Melbourne before refuelling, then driving all the way home before needing to refuel again. Though you still need to stop occasionally to refuel the driver with coffee and lollies.

I know of no retailer of bio in Canberra. I guess down there you have to either make your own, or else buy bulk lots and store it.

As for pugs and biodiesel, they're a match made in heaven. My pug (complete with particulate filter) runs much better on bio than petrodiesel. It's smoother and quieter, without much of the diesel rattle that I get with petrodiesel. It doesn't get quite as good fuel economy, but the difference is only 0.5 l/100km or so. It's powerful, smells good, and it's good for the planet.

Bear in mind though that Peugeot stipulate max B30 in their warranty, so you've got to do some soul searching before you exceed that.

Comment

Hi Suzy,
      I live in Erskineville and am looking to get a TDi 307. I'll keep looking for one and I might see you at Marrickville..!
      Thanks for your opinion and post.

cheers,
      DavidB

Comment

Originally posted by davidb View Post
        Hi Suzy,
        I live in Erskineville and am looking to get a TDi 307. I'll keep looking for one and I might see you at Marrickville..!
        Thanks for your opinion and post.

cheers,
        DavidB
        Good stuff. I'm sure you'll love it. They really are fantastic cars.

Between the incredible fuel economy of the Pug, and filling five 20l jerry cans each time I fill up (actually four lately as one is residing on a friends yacht), it's a pretty long time between drinks, so the likelihood of running into each other at Marrickville is pretty low.

Comment

Hi Suzy,

The Citroen C4 HDi and Peugeot 307 HDi have the same engine. I consistently get 1300km a tank full on nasty diesel with a mixture of town & country driving. I live and work between the 2 Melbourne bio outlets and with one of them only opening 8-5 weekdays its difficult. But I will get my first sip sooner than later.

Its interesting to find out about other peoples experiences with bio and will post here as well when I have done a few kms on bio.

Is Bio cheaper than Nasty diesel?

LightGreen.

Comment

Working...
          X